Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Socom
Does anyone know the best place to buy in bulk, Hard Cast Bulletts for pistol ?
By Mike-Sid
I have been buying from Presion Delta. They seem to have the best prices for bullets. Their prices include delivery. They are a good company to deal with also. If the item is out of stock, they just ship it when they have it in stock, no BS.
By CTSixshot
Socom:

In a pinch we could brew up our own, but I am not even implying that I will do any great volumes of casting. There's no way I can compete with the commercial vendors.

I must tell you upfront that I don't get super-technical regarding bh and such. I use a mix of bullet scrap, wheel-weights and linotype and don't know what I'm producing exactly. When the mix flows well and fills the mold properly I make what I can.They've always worked well in my pistols and rifles.

Currently, I have the following pistol bullet molds available:
.45 ACP: Saeco 68(200SWCBB), Lee 452-230-TC, Hensley&Gibbs #130 http://hgmould.gunloads.com/molds/130_6.jpg
.44 cal.: Lyman 429421AN, Ideal 429422 hollow base, LBT 300g, Lee C430-310-RF
.38 cal.: Ideal 358429 (an Elmer K-style SWC), Ideal 358495, Ideal 358431 (hollow base SWC), RCBS .357-180-SIL, NEI 148358 (a PB TC-style), Lyman 358665 (158gr CAB). The latter two bullet styles chamber very smoothly for quick reloads.

Ahhh...there is a 204gr RNGC bullet, too: Lyman 358315. It's really for .35 rifle, but I've loaded it long in .357 Magnum (good in Rugers up to 1.66", mine anyways).

The colored items are available through my brother in VT.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!