Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By xring
I have 34 pounds of mixed headstamp, 40's and 50's vintage brass. I don't load for the Garrand but have thought that I might use it for conversion to another caliber. Thought it would be a cool project but as time goes on I figure I'm kidding myself, not as ambitious as I used to be. The time has come to either start the project or stop tripping over stuff I'll never use. Anyone have thoughts on a caliber? It would have to be something accurate to be used for target shooting. Ideas?
By JohnFH
I hate to sound like a downer, but 30-06 is a great round with plenty of accuracy potential, I don't see the benefit in reinventing it.

I like to tinker as much as anyone, but I would get myself a nice bolt 30-06 and turn it into a 500 yard one hole machine.
By xring
Can't help myself, I just like to screw around. If I want to shoot small groups at distance, I'll shoot my .308. Doesn't kick as hard either.
JohnFH wrote:I hate to sound like a downer, but 30-06 is a great round with plenty of accuracy potential, I don't see the benefit in reinventing it.

I like to tinker as much as anyone, but I would get myself a nice bolt 30-06 and turn it into a 500 yard one hole machine.
By CTSixshot
Don't know if you have anything else in .30-06, but how about sabot loads, cast bullet loads or even frangibles and plastic bullets?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!