News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

What so do with 30-06 brass

Information on reloading for precision or money saving, equpiment to use, powder and primer suggestions, all welcome

Moderator: Moderators

xring
Marksman III
Marksman III

What so do with 30-06 brass

Postby xring » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 am

I have 34 pounds of mixed headstamp, 40's and 50's vintage brass. I don't load for the Garrand but have thought that I might use it for conversion to another caliber. Thought it would be a cool project but as time goes on I figure I'm kidding myself, not as ambitious as I used to be. The time has come to either start the project or stop tripping over stuff I'll never use. Anyone have thoughts on a caliber? It would have to be something accurate to be used for target shooting. Ideas?

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:32 am

I hate to sound like a downer, but 30-06 is a great round with plenty of accuracy potential, I don't see the benefit in reinventing it.

I like to tinker as much as anyone, but I would get myself a nice bolt 30-06 and turn it into a 500 yard one hole machine.
Details Count<br>Appleseed it's all about YOU, ask me<br>

xring
Marksman III
Marksman III

Postby xring » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Can't help myself, I just like to screw around. If I want to shoot small groups at distance, I'll shoot my .308. Doesn't kick as hard either.
JohnFH wrote:I hate to sound like a downer, but 30-06 is a great round with plenty of accuracy potential, I don't see the benefit in reinventing it.

I like to tinker as much as anyone, but I would get myself a nice bolt 30-06 and turn it into a 500 yard one hole machine.

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Don't know if you have anything else in .30-06, but how about sabot loads, cast bullet loads or even frangibles and plastic bullets?

Return to “Reloading”