Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By PRussell3
Was just at Cabelas to pick up some cci small pistol primers and was happy to see 8 boxes in case. As I walked up to buy some they took them out of case and said they could not sell them and were told to take them off shelf by corporate. And dont know why or when they will have them back..... I was not very happy

Any ideas why they would only take that one particular item?
By Hddreamer
Dam, that's not right , they didn't give you any reason ?
By PRussell3
No reason at all. Literally took them right I front of me.
By PRussell3
No small pistol. They have tons of small rifle primers.
By Mike-Sid
They had a lot of shotgun primers last time I was there
By CTSixshot
PRussell3 wrote:Was just at Cabelas to pick up some cci small pistol primers and was happy to see 8 boxes in case. As I walked up to buy some they took them out of case and said they could not sell them and were told to take them off shelf by corporate. And dont know why or when they will have them back..... I was not very happy

Any ideas why they would only take that one particular item?

Beats me, unless they are a recalled item (not aware of any such recall on CCI primers though). Did they have the S&B primers? They've done the job for me so far.
Although not a general recommendation, I've used SPM, even SR in the place of SP in a pinch. If you have a light hammer or firing pin, you may not get 100% light-off with SR primers.
Can't say I've noticed any difference, but if you're loading at maximum, it might not be wise to push it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!