Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Dan
Wht do u guys think is better sagia or cz vz58 ?
By myglimk2
VZ58! :twisted:
By Dan
Reliability or power, accuracy?
By PaiN
Dan wrote:Reliability or power, accuracy?
even adding these in the Vz58 is still better :lol:
By Dan
When my time comes guess I'll find out . Thank u gentle men .
By mberoose
AK is legendarily reliable, rugged as all hell, and has an almost unlimited aftermarket with relatively cheap accessories.

VZ is lighter and points easier, simpler in design and more robust in construction, but the aftermarket is a bit more limited and mags are pricey. Kinda uglier than the AK and doesn't have that awesome cla-clack when being charged like an AK.

For my money I'd go with a VZ. Oh wait....I did. :D

But honestly, it's the type of thing where I'd just want both anyways.

Century VZ2008s aren't of the same quality as a CZ/D-Technik VZ, by the way. Even though people say that they're "good for being by Century" I'd still avoid, cause that's not saying much.
By PaiN
On another note I believe the Saiga is considered an AK, which makes it illegal in 7.62x39 here in CT.
By Dan
I thought if u converted it ,That it would be ct legal ? That's Wht Ive been told by another person .
By mberoose
Lol. Don't talk to that person about guns anymore.

Converting a Saiga has its' own set of rules with regards to "evil features" per the CT assault weapons feature list, as well as 922r. Do your homework.

AK47 and variants of the AK47 are banned by name in CT...essentially any AK that takes 7.62x39, regardless of any semantics of a Saiga being AK100 based & blah blah blah. You probably wouldn't find an FFL that would do the transfer anyways. Practically speaking, you can really only own an AK74 (5.45x39) or an AK variant in .223, .308, or 7.62x54R in CT.
By Dan
Thanks . I have a lot to learn . One day at a time ,Gona try and down load & read more about the laws & regs. In ct .
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!