News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Russian VEPR in 7.62x39 legality

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc

Moderator: Moderators

Harry
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Russian VEPR in 7.62x39 legality

Postby Harry » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Are these VEPRs legal in CT? I know their magazines are not compatible with AK 47 but are their stocks compatible with AKs

mberoose
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Postby mberoose » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 am

I know that the VEPRs use the thicker RPK light-machine gun AK-type receivers, and because of that, it's my understanding that only the pistol grip is interchangeable between a standard AK and a VEPR. Pretty sure the VEPRs have a thicker barrel and wider front trunion as well.

In terms of legality, it's anybody's guess...it seems like it would boil down to the usual semantics of what constitutes an "Avtomat Kalashnikov pattern" rifle in the eyes of the law. That said, knowing that it's based off of an automatic weapon (RPK) in its' homeland, I wouldn't feel too positive about the law being on our side, but that's just me. I'd love a VEPR in x39 as well, but to me it seems the only absolutely, positively safe bet here in CT is a VZ58, because it's not an AK, but just looks like an AK, and still takes x39.

My .02¢.

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 am

mberoose wrote: VZ58, because it's not an AK, but just looks like an AK, and still takes x39.

My .02¢.

This. :D
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

Harry
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Postby Harry » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 am

myglimk2 wrote:
mberoose wrote: VZ58, because it's not an AK, but just looks like an AK, and still takes x39.

My .02¢.

This. :D

I've one VZ 58

Return to “Rifle”