Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By byronb
Hey guys I'm fairly new to the gun world and I wanted to get some opinions on my first purchase of an AR. I really want a 5.56 AR but I only have a $650 budget. Which AR's are a good price for my budget? Please tell me 5.56 and .22 caliber rifles. Thanks
By myglimk2
Welcome to the forum!

Can't go wrong with the S&W M&P15 Sport!
http://www.hoffgun.com/Merchant2/mercha ... gory_Code=
By byronb
Thanks myglimk2. And would I be able to get a barrel with a perminantly attached flash hider? I'm not a fan of the bullpup barrel (I believe that's what it's called).
By myglimk2
byronb wrote:Thanks myglimk2. And would I be able to get a barrel with a perminantly attached flash hider? I'm not a fan of the bullpup barrel (I believe that's what it's called).
The ones Hoffmans sell are non threaded barrel versions. Also, on a post ban AR you cannot have a perm. attached flash hider, you can have a perm. attached muzzle brake though.
By byronb
Oh ok thanks for the info. I went to jojo's to check out some rifles there and I think it was that one they had for like $899, weird.
By Hddreamer
Got one at JoJo's about 2-3 weeks ago 625.00 with a muzzle break installed on my MP 15-22
By byronb
Hddreamer wrote:Got one at JoJo's about 2-3 weeks ago 625.00 with a muzzle break installed on my MP 15-22
Wow really?? I'll have to go in and ask about that next time. The one I held was, like I said, $899 with no muzzle break.
By Mike_Diako
The M&P15 that Pain has in the classifieds is a good deal.
By Hddreamer
You may have been lookin at the 5.56 and not he .22 check on that I delt with hank let us know how you make out!
By PaiN
byronb,
I sent you a PM(private message) on the M&P Sport but I see you've missed it. Check the left side bar under *_PRIVMSG or at the top next to *Log out to access your PMs
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!