Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Hddreamer
Im thinking on buying a .22 rifle but lookin for (and not excluding ) something like the m&p 15-22
And am lookin for people's opinion and or past experience , likes and dislikes I have a marlin 60 now but would like something that looks better and can do more with it .
By Hddreamer
Any pic would be helpfull thanks
By PaiN
Needless to say the Ruger 10/22 is about as versatile a .22lr platform as you can get. For $200 you can get a NIB basic carbine and from there the sky is the limit. Build it any way you want, let your imagination go wild, shoot the crap out of it as is or build to some exact specs you have in mind.
Here's mine with a few minor internal mods, a Hogue OM stock and a BSA Sweet22 scope.
By JohnFH
Here is my project start, scope has already been changed and I'm collecting a few parts here and there. For a "something to do" rifle you can't beat a 10/22, cheap and thousands of parts.

I'm also very fond of 40's-50's Mossbergs and Marlins, little tanks that can usually shoot anything well and do it all day long.
By phoffer961
Here are some pics of .22 rifles I have! As PaiN has stated, you can never go wrong with the 10/22! awesome rifle and there is so much you can do with them!

Here is my slightly modified 10/22:

Here is my stock one:

Here is my Mossberg Tactical. It is a nice rifle very fun to shoot!

My Rock Island AK22. Can't vouch for it yet, only shot it once and it shoots perfectly however I need to shoot it more!

My Henry Lever Action! Great rifle! Fun to shoot! Realy enjoy this one!

The last one is my AR-15 with a dedicated .22 upper! This is by far my favorite! It shoots flawlessly and it is great to look at! I love shooting this when I have the chance!

By Hddreamer
That ar-15 conversion is awesome ! Nice job!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!