Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By newguy
I know the Ruger Charger stock can accept a normal heavy barrel 10/22 receiver. Is it legal in CT to put a heavy barrel 10/22 receiver and barrel into a Ruger Charger stock curious about this since the barrel is still 16 inches
By nvisn
So you are basically installing 10/22 receiver and full barrel into a Charger (pistol) furniture? Anything with a barrel over 12" in CT becomes a rifle. Hope this helps.
By GreggAndrews
nvisn wrote:So you are basically installing 10/22 receiver and full barrel into a Charger (pistol) furniture? Anything with a barrel over 12" in CT becomes a rifle. Hope this helps.
Ok, wait a sec. Aren't pistols with barrels over 12'' and still under 16'' considered "other"?

If it became a rifle with a 12''+ barrel under 16'', it's an SBR, but that would require fitting a full stock to it.

Also, wouldn't the weight restriction on the Charger pistol apply due to the AWB (which the full length barrel would run over?)

Just throwing it out there.
By nvisn
GreggAndrews wrote:
nvisn wrote:So you are basically installing 10/22 receiver and full barrel into a Charger (pistol) furniture? Anything with a barrel over 12" in CT becomes a rifle. Hope this helps.
Ok, wait a sec. Aren't pistols with barrels over 12'' and still under 16'' considered "other"?

If it became a rifle with a 12''+ barrel under 16'', it's an SBR, but that would require fitting a full stock to it.

Also, wouldn't the weight restriction on the Charger pistol apply due to the AWB (which the full length barrel would run over?)

Just throwing it out there.
You are correct the "pistol" would be well over 50oz at that point. That in conjunction with the mag attaching outside the pistol grip would be 2 evil features.
By newguy
So it basically illegal to do in Connecticut. I was just wondering because i was givein a charger stock with bipod attached. I have a heavy barrel 10/22 and receiver and barrel fit perfect. Just wanted to see if I did this if he be illegal or not.
By GreggAndrews
Well, it's not as if you're taking a "pistol" receiver and slapping a 16'' barrel on it, but rather taking a "rifle" receiver (same thing, but just what they were built as) and putting it in a skimpy little stock.

As long as the OAL is 26'' or more, I don't see a problem as long as the receiver you are using was a "rifle" when it left the factory (or was never assembled into anything).
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!