Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By newguy
You also have to remember back then M1 Grands and SKS were a dime a dozen they had more then they knew what to do with. I see CMP is almost out of alot of certain manufactures. and ones that they do have left of those are garbage
By Mike_Diako
I agree completely, it's all about supply in demand.
By newguy
That what kills me when i see someone back in the 60's or 50's took a perfectly now historical rifle and chopped the hell out of it. Slapped on a aftermarket stock and removed original sights and turned them into a hunting rifles. that what happened to the 1903 i had almost made me cry.
By Mike_Diako
It was prohibitively expensive to buy a "hunting rifle" back in the day and surplus guns were a dime a dozen. It pains me to see that as well. :?
By GreggAndrews
newguy wrote:That what kills me when i see someone back in the 60's or 50's took a perfectly now historical rifle and chopped the hell out of it. Slapped on a aftermarket stock and removed original sights and turned them into a hunting rifles. that what happened to the 1903 i had almost made me cry.
I was actually thinking long & hard about that 1903 you had. The barrel wasn't cut, the action was fine, etc. I almost bought it just to restore it.

I hate bubba'd milsurps. I don't mind somebody cutting up a Mosin, but destroying a perfectly good Mauser, 1903, 1917, Enfield, etc. should be a crime.
By punisher
Ya for that price id rather just get a modern used mini 14.
By Harry
I think Mini 14's are still manufactured but they don't manufacture SKS anymore. and USSR also is no more in existance
Secondly, we don't import rifles from Russia anymore
By GreggAndrews
Secondly, we don't import rifles from Russia anymore
Aren't the Saiga's made at the Izhevesk arsenal, or something?
By mberoose
myglimk2 wrote:I know someone with a Chinese SKS that might be willing to part with it. :wink:
This SKS, tell me about it. :wink:
By myglimk2
mberoose wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:I know someone with a Chinese SKS that might be willing to part with it. :wink:
This SKS, tell me about it. :wink:
I'll get in touch with him today and get you all the details or just put you in touch with him.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!