Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By MessEleven
Are there functional differences between the standard 10/22, the tactical and the carbine versions? Are any of these more/less accurate? I'd like to stay south of the price for a laminate target version and I'm considering the rifle mainly for fun target shooting (possibly competition down the road.)
By JohnFH
Buy the cheapest one you can find and then start shopping for the goodies :D :D :D
By GixerJockey
There's a laminated stock, heavy crowned "hammer forged" barrel, stainless model sitting at NGX, used, very attractive price...
By Mike_Diako
JohnFH wrote:Buy the cheapest one you can find and then start shopping for the goodies :D :D :D
What John said. Eventually the only original part left will be the receiver. :D
By MessEleven
JohnFH wrote:Buy the cheapest one you can find and then start shopping for the goodies :D :D :D
So no real functional difference, John? I really like the idea of adding on to these guns. Kinda' like the swiss army knife of rifles! :)
GixerJockey wrote:There's a laminated stock, heavy crowned "hammer forged" barrel, stainless model sitting at NGX, used, very attractive price...
Definitely want new this time around, and Hoffman's has them for about $200.
By Polstery
Mike is right, just got done with my first 10/22 all that's left is the receiver. I went with purple, not too many purple guns out there.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!