Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By ctsheepdog
Colt has introduced a new line of AR that they have called their Sporter series. This includes the SP6920, SP6940 and others. I believe the roll marks say Sporter but not AR-15. Instead, these say Sporter over M4 Carbine.

Ignoring features for a moment (bayonet mount), is this gun banned by name in CT due to the inclusion of "Sporter"?

There is a Cali version available but the only mod that I can see is the encumbered mag release and that it ships with a 9-round mag.

Does anyone know definitively if this is banned? Has anyone seen them in a CT shop?
By myglimk2
"Colt AR-15 and Sporter"

My guess would be if it has "Sporter" stamped on the receiver it would be part of our AWB.
By ctsheepdog
myglimk2 wrote:"Colt AR-15 and Sporter"

My guess would be if it has "Sporter" stamped on the receiver it would be part of our AWB.
Then why would Colt, a manufacturer headquartered in West Hartford, chose this name if it would run afoul of CT and other AWB state laws? As someone who does a bit of marketing, that would as smart as say Hellman's renaming its mayo to "Stick to Your Hips Mayonnaise".

Makes no sense, unless the rule does not apply.
By newguy
Your expecting Companies and the CT Government to make sense :lol:

Think your on wrong planet if you expect anything like that to happen :roll:
By myglimk2
Just because Colt is headquartered in West Hartford, doesnt mean they only sell firearms here in CT.
By magneton44
myglimk2 wrote:Just because Colt is headquartered in West Hartford, doesnt mean they only sell firearms here in CT.
Absolutely :lol:
By GreggAndrews
Just to mock our AWB, some smartass in the company should call it the "Sproter" just to piss them off. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!