Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By DemonicScience
So i recently saw that RRA is now selling a new gun that looks quite tantalizing...the LAR-47

I'm thinking this might be my next purchase...

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=558

I know it would need a fixed stock, but what about the "Flash Hider" law?

Is there any way to make one of these legal without having to get a custom barrel, that isn't threaded?
By myglimk2
Pin/weld a muzzle brake on, rendering the threads useless.
By DemonicScience
ahh, anyone got a welder?

And are either of those muzzle devices legal?
By myglimk2
Not even sure RRA will even ship this to CT with our stupid AWB. :( :roll:
By GreggAndrews
Pin/weld a muzzle brake on, rendering the threads useless.
Or chuck it up in the lathe & obliterate the threads. :wink:
And are either of those muzzle devices legal?
Brakes are good, flash-hiders count as an "evil feature".
ahh, anyone got a welder?
I imagine a quick bead is all you need (or if you pin it, a bead over the pin hole). :)
By myglimk2
DemonicScience wrote:ohh yeah...
Welcome to CT, but hey, it could be worse! :wall:
By PaiN
Distributors will ship to CT. Find a shop that can order the LAR-47 and do the AWB modifications once its here. If you're close to Southington check out Jo-Jo's, one of my favorite shops in the state.

http://www.jojosgunworks.com/
By DemonicScience
So a bird cage is not allowed then...correct?

So any brake with no holes on the bottom...correct (thus if it had holes on the bottom it would be a suppressor)?
By GixerJockey
myglimk2 wrote:Not even sure RRA will even ship this to CT with our stupid AWB. :( :roll:
Rock River will build for Ct compliant. It takes a while though. If I weren't in Ct, my NM AR would have been here a month ago.
By myglimk2
GixerJockey wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:Not even sure RRA will even ship this to CT with our stupid AWB. :( :roll:
Rock River will build for Ct compliant. It takes a while though. If I weren't in Ct, my NM AR would have been here a month ago.
Thanks for clearing that up Gixer!
By GixerJockey
Yea, they don't particularly like to do it... but they will. They basically have to insert the order into their normal production. So they do it when they get around to it.

They have 48 state LAR-15NMs in stock for immediate shipment. But I have to waiat 3 months for my CT compliant one. No bayonet lug and no flash hider at all. The end of the barrel just has a target crowned end, nothing else. Oh, and they ship it with a 10 round mag for some silly reason.
By nvisn
Any FFL07 could order this and do the work for you to make it CT legal.

Freedom Shop - PM MadSmith
JoJo's
Delta Arsenal

are just a few of them.
By mberoose
GixerJockey wrote:Oh, and they ship it with a 10 round mag for some silly reason.
I've noticed that a lot with a lot of companies, they seem to think CT is a no-hi-cap state. Case in point, K-Var w/ their "CT Compliant" Saiga 74s (SGL34-61 if I remember correctly), only ships with a 10 round mag. Odd.
By bizkitjmd1
DemonicScience wrote:So a bird cage is not allowed then...correct?

So any brake with no holes on the bottom...correct (thus if it had holes on the bottom it would be a suppressor)?
A muzzle brake has holes/vents all around.

A flash hider has no holes on the bottom. Designed to allow no downward gas to create a dust signature when shooting prone. This is a no no in CT.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!