Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Harry
Does anyone here collect Mosin Nagants?
What is the rarest Mosin do you have?
By phoffer961
Harry wrote:Does anyone here collect Mosin Nagants?
What is the rarest Mosin do you have?
I wouldn't say I "collect" the Nagant, however I do have two of them. I have Tula Mosin Nagant 91/30 from 1939 with matching numbers. They are very nice rifles!
By JohnFH
91/59
By magneton44
This is kind of a weird question, and I can already here the words of Wisdom, and that's OK. What's the attraction to the Mosin?? Excuse my ignorance :oops:
By JohnFH
They are basicly cheap, well made, shoot decent, ammo is cheap and I have a thing for steel buttplates on guns that kick like mules :wink:

Entry level collectors guns if you like older military bolt guns, you can have a few and not go broke.

Your welcome to come up and try
By magneton44
Thanks John,
I'll take you up on that :)
By GreggAndrews
They are basicly cheap, well made, shoot decent, ammo is cheap and I have a thing for steel buttplates on guns that kick like mules
Hey hey now... Mausers do the same... :roll:
By JohnFH
Oh one other cool thing about Nagants, they were the only rifle the Russian army sighted with bayonet attached, the russian manual of arms required fixed bayonet at all times, so the only "proper" way to shoot one is fixed bayonet.

Now tell me a 6 1/2 foot rifle shooting off hand, fixed bayonet is not freekin cool 8)

Did I mention the fireball???
By JohnFH
Mausers ain't cheap junior
By magneton44
JohnFH wrote:Oh one other cool thing about Nagants, they were the only rifle the Russian army sighted with bayonet attached, the russian manual of arms required fixed bayonet at all times, so the only "proper" way to shoot one is fixed bayonet.

Now tell me a 6 1/2 foot rifle shooting off hand, fixed bayonet is not freekin cool 8)

Did I mention the fireball???
This, I've got to experience.. :mrgreen:
By GreggAndrews
I'm not a big Mosin nut, but I've always wanted one for some peculiar reason...

They are fun, I'll say that much. :)
By magneton44
Fun is GOOD!!
By mberoose
I have a 1948 numbers-matching Izhevsk Mosin Nagant M44 carbine, which was last year of the M44 (the main "rarity" of mine, they didn't make too too many in '48 from what I gather). Kicks like a goddamn mule, bruised the shit out of my buddy's shoulder, who now refers to it as the "howitzer." :lol: Big fireball out of the muzzle, reasonably accurate, cheap & powerful ammo, and a hell of a lot of fun....what's to hate? :D
By newguy
Only issue i have with Nagant is after they heat up the bolt is a pain in the A to close end up with bruise on side of my hand hammering down bolt handle
By kayakdave
I'm not a collector, but I do enjoy shooting my 1942 Izhevsk. Yes they kick like a mule but that is part of the fun. Not for the recoil sensitive ha ha.
There is a cool factor to shooting a 70 year old rifle and wondering what its history is. Who knows what my rifle has seen.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!