Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By xring
m thinking about getting a 10/22 and I'm trying to decide if I should buy a bare bones rifle and modify it or look around until I see something that interests me. Probably going to go with either an AR style or some sort of thumb-hole stock to shoot plates and/or some sort of action shooting. Anyone done this already:)?
By myglimk2
Interested? Shoot me a PM :wink:
By jkysmrf
May be willing to let this one go as wellImage
By GreggAndrews
m thinking about getting a 10/22 and I'm trying to decide if I should buy a bare bones rifle and modify it or look around until I see something that interests me. Probably going to go with either an AR style or some sort of thumb-hole stock to shoot plates and/or some sort of action shooting. Anyone done this already:)?

Wellllll... the 10/22 is the Barbie of .22's. You can put just about any damn thing on it you care to do, everybody & their brother & THEIR third cousin makes all sorts of parts for them...

Build. So much more fun (and it's not labor intensive!). I'm thinking about buying a Volquartsen receiver & building a super, super, SUPER accurate plate gun... alas, that will be after I get an AR though... :lol:
By phoffer961
xring wrote:m thinking about getting a 10/22 and I'm trying to decide if I should buy a bare bones rifle and modify it or look around until I see something that interests me. Probably going to go with either an AR style or some sort of thumb-hole stock to shoot plates and/or some sort of action shooting. Anyone done this already:)?
My 2 cents... Buy and build your own! Nothing against the rifles on this forum, they are beautiful, however these rifles are fun to modify yourself and you won't break the bank! I bought mine from Hoffmans for $199.00 two weeks ago and they throw in two additional 10 round mags for free! I was able to trade back one of the free mags for a 25 round mag and they only charged me the difference, like $10.00 bucks! I added a muzzle break off of Amazon for $10.00 delivered and I bought a Fiberforce Stock from Combatstocks for like $42.00 delivered! It took me all of three minutes to swap out the rifle from the stock synthetic stock it came with into the new one! I love it! I have a pic of it in the gallery section with my other toys. I liked the synthetic stock so much, I went back to Hoffmans this past Sunday and bought another 10/22! Got the free mags (swapped one for the 25 round mag again). This time I got the nice wood stock, I swapped it out already for the black synthetic stock from the first one, added a muzzle break and scope and I am all set! If I get board, I will swap back into the wood stock for a different look! There are a ton of after market parts for these 10/22s!
Last edited by phoffer961 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jkysmrf
Yes, but If you plan on putting on a folder stock like mine or collapsible with a pistol grip, the $199 Hoffmans special simply won't work. It must be a preban.
By myglimk2
Mine is a pre-ban too 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!