Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By GixerJockey
Looked hokey to me at first, but after using one, it "feels" no different than any other trigger. The feeling of the "safety" in the middle disappears once it is engaged. And if feels natural after a few rounds. It works both in idea and execution.
By nvisn
Thanks for the info!
By GixerJockey
Go dry-fire a few of them before you decide which actual rifle to purchase. I've noticed a bit of inconsistancy from one gun to another. Some are crisp and clean, others are gritty and have a ton of travel. Even within the same model. You can find a Savage with an awesome factory trigger... you just have to search for it.
By JohnFH
I have 4, which one would you like to try?

And I can make any Savage/Stevens 200 have an awsome trigger 8)
By GixerJockey
JohnFH wrote: And I can make any Savage/Stevens 200 have an awsome trigger 8)
Or there's that...
By nvisn
Well I will be trying mine out soon. I just ordered a Mark II. Thanks for the offer.
By JohnFH
If you have the wood stock, it does need to be piller bedded, or there is nothing to consistantly tighten the action screws against, you'll never guess how I figured that out :wink:
By nvisn
I ordered the bull barrel poly tacitcal one.
By JohnFH
I haven't worked on that model yet, but if it's like the other synthetic stocks, you should be able to just bed it and make sure the barrel is floated.
By GixerJockey
JohnFH wrote: And I can make any Savage/Stevens 200 have an awsome trigger 8)
Let's chat...
By GixerJockey
JohnFH wrote: but if it's like the other synthetic stocks, you should be able to just bed it and make sure the barrel is floated.
No, really... Let's chat... soon.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!