Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By newguy
Just wondered if anyone had any experience with these. I see toward the end of WWII Germans made them to increase the amount of ammo the rifle would store without having to reload a clip ever 5 rounds. Just wondered if they jam or not they say they fit the Vz24 was thinking of picking one up for 20 bucks not sure if it worth it or am i just gonna have issues.It replaces the floorplate
By JohnFH
For the price it might be a neat novelty for a range gun, if jams once in awhile so what, it's a range gun.

If it looks cool do it.
Kind of like the AR scope I just got, for the price it looks cool at the range but after using it, no where close to practical. But still get lot's of attention at the range
By newguy
Think i may just give it a shot if it doesn't work right i am sure someone else on here will wanna mess with it lol
By newguy
You still need to load with stripper clips just this let's ya load two at a time
By newguy
I had alittle info wrong it a 20 round mag. figures got info from my brother inlaw by txt message he really has to learn how to txt it a 20 round mag for 64 bucks not sure if i am gonna toss that much cash out for a what IF it works thing

http://e-sarcoinc.com/mauser20roundtrenchmagazine.aspx
By GreggAndrews
Okay, I have a Spanish Mauser that's obviously not my uh... "serious" gun. That's what I have my 1903 for.

I'd be interested in getting ahold one of one of these for my Spaniard... if it'll fit, of course. :D

EDIT: Newguy, if you end up getting one of these & you're not satisfied with it, I'll call second!!! I enjoy monkeying around with this stuff. :wink:
By newguy
Pretty sure the mag only works with a Mauser 98 style action
By GreggAndrews
Eh, I could figure it out. Looking at the action of my Turk mauser (IIRC is a 98 style), it's not too different from the 93 action.

OOO. Fab up an adapter somehow, and fit it to my 1903. OR, we could reverse engineer it & build ones from scratch! :)

(This is me, bored.) :lol:
By BigJonBoy
GreggAndrews, build me a larger cap magazine for my nagant??? Please???
By GreggAndrews
GreggAndrews, build me a larger cap magazine for my nagant??? Please???
:lol:

Let's finish the 50 ton press I'm working on now, and then we can start forming THICK metal. 8)
By JohnB
pics of the press !!
By GreggAndrews
pics of the press !!
It's going to be kind of a small one, primarily from HEAVY steel square tube. This will be primarily for punching holes in sheet metal, setting rivets, and last but not least... crushing things. (Ever crush a rock in a 20ton press? Joy oh joy!!!) :twisted:
By BigJonBoy
Sounds awesome! 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!