Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By BigJonBoy
My woman and I love the shooting sports. We have handguns, shotguns, and various surplus rifles. We both wanna get into AR's. Can you guys please recommend a beginner entry level AR? Preferably in 5.56. Thanks guys :D
By BigJonBoy
Keep in mind, we have absolutely zero knowledge on AR's... thanks again...
By jamesb
Noveske or LWRC :lol:

I kid.

For a beginner who is just going to see some range time and plinking and not putting a huge amount of rounds through it I would say check out the S&W M&P line and Stag Arms. For something on the lower end of the spectrum check out DPMS.
By sjcolwell2
jamesb wrote:Noveske or LWRC :lol:

I kid.

For a beginner who is just going to see some range time and plinking and not putting a huge amount of rounds through it I would say check out the S&W M&P line and Stag Arms. For something on the lower end of the spectrum check out DPMS.
I'll second that
By BigJonBoy
Stag is low end?
By GreggAndrews
Stag is low end?
I was going to say something before, but I think I'd say it now. I couldn't vouch for the statement that Stag is by any means "entry-level" and a hobbyist gun.

The $600 M&P? Yeah, I can see the point there.

I looked at a $900 Stag, and there's no way it was a "starter" gun. They're pretty nice, in all actuality.
By BigJonBoy
I kinda like stag. They've been recommended by a few people I've talked to. Gonna look into them some more. I want to buy a nice AR. Ideally I'd like to spend $1500 at the very most, but $900 doesn't sound bad at all...
By YeaItsSlo
1500? Buy a preban. That way you can have options and great resale..
By sjcolwell2
For 1500 you can get the new Stag 3G very nice gun , deffinately not entry level. I have a model 2, and I love it.
By sludwinjr
stags are decent for the money, lifetime warranty......
lwrc is great but will run you 2300-2600..and i know who has exactly what,
i did my tour this saturday trying to find an lwrc, had 2200 to spend and nobody would even take a $100 off for a cash deal.......

got a nice ruger piston ar for sale in the classifieds for not to much more,
haha

but really you cant go wrong with a stag for the money
By nvisn
Stags uppers and barrels have a lifetime warranty.
By PaiN
Stag's are definitely not low anything......What they are is a damn solid value.
By nvisn
PaiN wrote:Stag's are definitely not low anything......What they are is a damn solid value.
+1

I would say stag is low end of the high end companies.
By sjcolwell2
Anyway you look at it your not buying crap if you buy a stag
By a_sannine
I love my Stag /DPMS/Bushmaster
My pre ban eagle arms had over 16000 rd between first owner and me , No problem what so ever , u got to take in consideration that ARs doesn't like steel case ammo .
I use to collect mauser rifles old Winchesters , the mood swing now .I am in love with black rifles , they are a lot of fun and u can dress’em the way u want and a lot of parts and accessories available .
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!