Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By J
Anyone know of any quad rail that would fit over the ugly gas block on a S&W M&P15 ORC Model? Thanks.
By sludwinjr
swap it out with a low profile gas block, its very very easy, a yankee hill low profile gas block is $40, then you can pic the rail of your choice. i have the upper vise block if needed to use.
By sjcolwell2
I swapped mine to a low profile block, 40 Bucks over at Riverview, your gonna have to remove your pinned muzzle brake to get the gas block off and the new one on.
By J
So I got the low profile gas block and a quad rail today. Got the handguards off and started working on the gas block. Shouldn't be to much longer, than I realized I have a carbine length AR and I got the mid-length rail. Is that OK? So I just move the handguard retainer thing closer to the muzzle? Its a cheap UTG416-M quad rail if that helps. Thanks.
By jkysmrf
J wrote:So I got the low profile gas block and a quad rail today. Got the handguards off and started working on the gas block. Shouldn't be to much longer, than I realized I have a carbine length AR and I got the mid-length rail. Is that OK? So I just move the handguard retainer thing closer to the muzzle? Its a cheap UTG416-M quad rail if that helps. Thanks.
That looks like it is a drop-in rail and not free floating. Am I correct?? If so you have the wrong rail and you need a CAR length. If it is free floating, never mind what I said- it'll fit over the gas block
By snakeeater332
Try the Centurion Arms C4 mid-length cut-out:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/d ... ct_id=2734

Or the Daniel Defense Omega X 12.0 FSP rail:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/d ... ct_id=1483

Both are designed to be used with ARs with front sight posts and should fit over that S&W gas block. Then you can throw a flip-up front sight on the gas block. Just a thought.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!