Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By GreggAndrews
This last Tuesday, my aunt passed away at Litchfield Woods nursing home at 6:43AM. Her daughter, granddaughter, and I were there at the time of her passing, with my uncle only a few rooms down. She often slipped into diabetic comas, and had fought the disease for 10+ years... unfortunately, she had slipped into a coma the afternoon before, and she was unable to be resuscitated.

Both of them treated me like a third son, and I have gained an invaluable amount of knowledge from both of them; especially my uncle. My aunt, although not accompanying the three of us (my two uncles, & I) in our little shooting trips, was almost always involved somehow.

Two days after, my uncle gave this .22 to me. This was the very first gun I had ever shot... period. I remember being so little, I couldn't pick up the damn thing my first time.

This... this is where it all started. And I'm damn glad I have these memories to hang onto.

By hayes1966
Sorry to hear about your aunt.

That is a beautiful rifle.
By PaiN
Sorry to hear of your Aunts passing. I wish you and your family well without her.

I feel a little awkward saying this, but it is Gregg's and he put a family members death and guns in the same thread, I will say it.

That 10/22 is GORGEOUS...
I've seen many and built a few 10/22's but your Uncle's buy far takes the cake. I can't stop looking at it, the rifle is a perfect build.
By GreggAndrews
I had the opportunity to squeeze off a few rounds with a friend yesterday afternoon. First time in over 10yrs. this gun has been fired... by anyone.

My uncle was the kind of guy that wiped EVERYTHING down after he touched it. There is not a single mark on this gun. :)

On a side note, thanks to all for the good thoughts.

And PaiN? Nothing awkward about what you said, as long as you didn't envision it in a bikini. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!