Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By SR9
A friend asked me if this is legal in CT. I believe it is since I do not see enough evil features nor is it listed on the CT AWB list.

Since all of my center fire long guns are C&R I just want to run it by the knowledge base here.

http://www.jgsales.com/saiga-7.62x39-sp ... -5888.html
By GreggAndrews
Well... it *may or may not* be legal.

Admittedly, it doesn't have the ban features that would otherwise make it illegal to own, but at the same time, it could be construed as an AK "type", being in 7.62x39.

Remember kids:

7.62x39 = baby-killin'-machine
7.62x51 = Hunting rifle.

:lol:
By JohnFH
Any caliber but 7.62x39 is legal
By hayes1966
JohnFH wrote:Any caliber but 7.62x39 is legal
what JohnH said. No dealer in CT will take this rifle in for resale.
By Harry
Few months ago I had same doubt so I wrote to CT Police : CSP Special Licensing & Firearms Unit
and I received this reply
"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately my office is not in a position to offer legal advice or opinion regarding your questions.

CT Gen Statute 53-202n is a three prong test, physical appearance, functionality and interchangeable parts. In checking both of these firearms, the big question is whether their components are interchangeable with the Kalashnikov (AK-47). The VZ 58 has a completely different functionality and the parts are not compatible. The Saiga IZ-132 in its original configuration also is not compatible with the AK-47 as long as it has not been modified.

If you require further legal interpretation regarding this issue I would recommend that you contact private legal counsel. "

Does that help ?

If you need dealer info who can sell you one, PM me
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!