Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By newguy
Ya i know i am not impressive but i try LOL
By GreggAndrews
Well hold on here, if that's 100yds., it looks like you finally sighted it in, & started making some OK groups...

Not bad! Now get your real rifle... the .30-06... :wink:
By newguy
Yep that is at 100 yards i will say if you don't own a K31 buy one it super fun to shoot getting used to the straight pull bolt takes abit but it is real fun
By Mopar
Highly accurate guns too. Does yours have the tag under the buttplate?
By newguy
I haven't checked under the butt plate yet kinda worried about stripping the screws taking it off I might though take a peek sometime
By GreggAndrews
You know, some time back (and we're talking a few years ago), I had the opportunity to buy a fairly rough one for $100. Guy just wanted to get rid of it.

Kinda wish I did. They really are good rifles...

The 1903 is better though
By newguy
I wish someone didn't hack job the 1903 though that i have i mean it nice having the lyman iron sights and the sporty stock but i much rather have original stock and sights. It really grinds my gears when someone ruins a classic just for the hell of it
By GreggAndrews
I wish someone didn't hack job the 1903 though that i have i mean it nice having the lyman iron sights and the sporty stock but i much rather have original stock and sights. It really grinds my gears when someone ruins a classic just for the hell of it
Yeah... if the one you bought was the one I PM'd the guy about before, it's pretty hacked up (well... if you're a purist, it's a nice sporterization). It doesn't look like they touched the action or barrel, but regardless it's annoying to have a sporterized rifle sometimes.

I ruined mine by drilling & tapping. It was all original too... once upon a time ago... :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!