Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Kenny007
Well, after hearing good words about JoJo's, as well as Pain's recent purchase, I decided to head down and see for myself what was going on down there. After a half an hr of milling to and fro, handling many of the AR's on the wall...I bought one myself. Now I have to patiently wait out 2 weeks...cursed legislation....

In the meantime, I was interested in a red dot sight as well. The one I had in the Army, an M68, was rather simple, yet effective, and I was hoping to get something similar. The ones they had there for the most part though, were of a later design, the type that lays flat except for the square end holding the red dot. These started around 600, which is nearing the price of the rifle itself! Any opinions on red dot sights?

I play scenario paintball as well, and mounted a rather durable $40 red dot that I got from Gander Mtn. and it has held up to countless bashing and thrashing over the years...so I'm curious as to where the 500+ gap comes from. Though I most likely wont buy the cheapest red dot I can find for my new beloved, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for something that I've seen done cheaper.
By PaiN
First, nice move(we won't mention the copy-cat thing :wink: ) Jo-Jo's will take good care of you, just dont make too many trips there, temptation is too great...

I'm in the same boat you are as far as a sight goes.....I know they are military tested etc, etc....but the prices on a top end sight EOtech, ACOG or whatever are crazy.
I have a Bushnell Trophy red dot I paided about a $100 for...the rings stink and aren't high enough for use on the AR but that's easily fixed for $10 at CTD...so I'm going to order these rings up and give this dot a go on the AR..I used it on a Hi-Point 955 and it was always accuate and held zero, the AR has less kick so it should be no problem.

btw: we'll have to get together for an AR shoot after you get the rifle....in fact, an AR shoot would be a cool forum get together :idea:
By JohnFH
I have my ProPoint red dot for sale, they list for $120, I'm looking for $60.
I upgraded my bullseye scope and don't need it now.

And let me know when your going to the range.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!