Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc

Keep or sell the Mini to fund a Ruger Gunsite?

Keep.
40%
Sell.
60%
By myglimk2
newguy wrote:My Brother inlaw has a Mossberg Night Train in 308 he been looking to swap for a Mini 14 that preban lol just putting that out there
Send me some pics and what would be included with it.
By newguy
Will do i just gotta wait till he drags his butt out of bed lol
By myglimk2
:lol: I might be crawling back into bed before the wife and kids get home (was up too damn late last night). No more peace and quiet :roll:
By hayes1966
I woke up on the couch at 12:45 .. missed the ball !!

I haven't seen that thing drop in 10 years.
By newguy
Ya i know that feeling a fell asleep with the remote in my hand lol God it blows getting old
By Malaga2
Can't beat Savage for price or out of the box accuracy...SigShr is a tackdriver but harder to find....Rem Sps is also a great entry level rifle!
By GreggAndrews
I'll be completely & totally frank here. The GS is a cool rifle, don't get me wrong.

Mini's are just a lot of fun though. The second I find one cheap enough, I'm buying it (F-you Walmart, I'm not paying $617 for the Ranch rifle).

I'd keep the mini. 8)
By myglimk2
I actually put the Mini back to factory last night (pic on page one) and love the way it looks. I may end up keeping it and selling off the accessories that were on it. Maybe some other stuff to fund a .308 bolt. If I do keep it, a Hogue stock will be in order! 8)
By myglimk2
Wanted to add. The Mini is actually at a nice weight again, too! :lol:
By GreggAndrews
Do not quote me on this, but I swear to God I saw a TOTALLY plain-jane, stock Savage 110 at Cabela's the other week I was there for some insanely low price like $250 or so. IIRC, it was a .308 as well.

If you're ever up around that area, I'd stop in and see if it's still there. It was there the last few times I was over there... so it might not have sold.

Might be a really good start for you!
By myglimk2
I dont get up that way to often. Hopefully some of this stuff sells so I can get the funds.
By JohnFH
If you want a budget 308 that makes a good platform to build on, get a Stevens, it is a Savage 10 action, with a cheap stock and no Accutrigger.

I can show you how to make the trigger really sweet, and once you shoot out the factory barrel, changing them is easy.

I have one in .223, and was going to change out the barrel right away, but it shoots so nice like it is, I'm hanging on to the spare barrel till I need it.
By newguy
This is the Mossberg Night Train my Brother inlaw would be willing to swap If you wanna swap . No Bipod or sling but he throwing in the scope and mount plus ammo he even has the original box and paperwork. If interested i will PM you his cell number. He can give a correct amount of ammo he has but he will include all he has. Real nice rifle i must say. I doubt there more then 100 rounds down the pipe

By newguy
195 rounds here a updated photo

By myglimk2
Big thanks to Newguy for putting me onto this lead! Was also very nice meeting him and his brother in law!
Just picked this up tonight...
Mossberg Night train. Very happy with this purchase!
newguy wrote:195 rounds here a updated photo

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!