Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By newguy
I can understand that the 1903 Springfield i have has a sporter stock on it which i wish was the original and now your lucky if you can find a original stock under 200. Since most people ripped off the original stocks in the 50's and 60's and put sport stocks on them for deer hunting
By myglimk2
Drew wrote:A guy at one of my sites just finished one up. You might like to see the potential

http://tactical22.net/forum/general-tal ... -my-mosin/
Pics arent showing up. :redx:
By myglimk2
Just signed up! 8)
And wow that looks nice!
By Drew
yeah I was pretty impressed
By GreggAndrews
It's a mosin.

Spray paint it flat black, JB weld picatinny rails all over it, and hang stuff everywhere. :P
By myglimk2
GreggAndrews wrote:It's a mosin.

Spray paint it flat black, JB weld picatinny rails all over it, and hang stuff everywhere. :P
I just don't know about you sometimes GA
By GreggAndrews
I've been playing with a Danish Krag-Jorgensen of late...

I get to be snobby about mil-surps. (Ooooo... cycle that action... so smoooooooth...) :P
By newguy
That my only big issue with Nagant everytime you close the bolt on one with a round in it. You almost have to punch the bolt handle down cus they stick big time
By JohnFH
newguy wrote:That my only big issue with Nagant everytime you close the bolt on one with a round in it. You almost have to punch the bolt handle down cus they stick big time
I have 2 and have no issue closing the bolt on either rifle, have you had the headspace checked?
By newguy
Yes headspace is fine. I had a hex receiver one that had no problem. My Dad's is a round receiver his is tough to close and so is my brother inlaws round receiver I read a article that tells ya how to fix it. but I am not that handy and Jo Jo wanted 75 bucks to fix it and I am not paying 75 bucks to fix a rifle we spent 50 dollars on. Already cost my dad 40 bucks to get the headspace checked by a shop
By JohnFH
What is it they say the problem is?
By newguy
They told me the round receivers were put out quickly and alot of them had burrs in the chamber i was told you can dremel them out or use a small curved file but i am worried about removing too much metal and weaking the receiver
By SR9
Interesting. I had the same problem with mine and it turned out to be cosmoline in the chamber where the neck of the case seats. The cure was to take a bore cleaning brush a little larger than the case diameter and rotate it several times, wipe with a rag dampened in mineral spirits and do it again. No problem since.
By newguy
Will have to give that a shot see if that makes a difference going to spend some time cleaning it Wednesday so we will see if it makes a difference.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!