Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By GreggAndrews
So ANYWAY, I waltz into the local shop, and spot an SMLE on the rack, not terrible condition, but not exactly great either. Sticker price, $325.

Fair price, or should I haggle down? :)
By PaiN
I'm guessing a fair price on that rifle would be $250-$275...Haggle away
By GreggAndrews
I'm guessing a fair price on that rifle would be $250-$275...Haggle away

I like the way you think. Now it's just a matter of scraping the cash together... :) [/code]
By CTSixshot
Andrew:
Haggle as much as you can and then you'll have all of that cash to buy pricey ammo!
Actually, it's not that pricey; there was a slew of surplus Brit down at Hansen's (headstamp unknown to me) for $8 per 15 rounds or so. No strippers, but I think there was some other Brit ammo with strippers, too (probably Radway Green or Canadian, I don't recall exactly).
Heck, I can always reload some plinking ammo for you or the full-strength stuff, if you so desire.
By hayes1966
Are all the parts matching? Check the bore. There are a lot of these out there but expect to pay $350+ for something decent.
By GreggAndrews
I'd gladly take you up on the ammo offer. :)

I'll have to look at it again tomorrow. While these are good people to deal with, the gun is definitely NOT all original. It has the crown stamps, but there's no way it's entirely original.

That, and the finish wear is inconsistent. The stock looks way too good for what the action & barrel look like (lots of finish wear on the barrel & action).

I'll see what I can do. Hell, if the gun is lucrative enough, I might put one of my BP revolvers up for a partial trade or whatever...
By newguy
Honestly my Dad loves shooting the Enfield I got him and I gave it a shot.
I like it too has a good feel too when you hold it. Almost no kick too and iron sights are great Bolt takes alittle get used too since it cocks on close. So you have to push it close and hold it while your putting bolt handle down.
By CTSixshot
I guess it's what you are brought up on...
...most, if not all of my bolt guns cock on close (FR-7, m96, K31...). You started with the K98 clones, right?
By newguy
Ya I started with Mauser and my SPringfield is not cock on close either
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!