Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Drew
Very nice shotgun... hell yeah

BTW I fell in love with a bolt action myself Friday at JoJo's. They have the AAC Micro 7 chambered in 300 Blackout.
By CTSixshot
Go for it, Drew...
...but I don't want to hear a never-ending lament over ammunition costs. Probably not stocked at your local Wal-Mart, huh?
By Drew
CTSixshot wrote:Go for it, Drew...
...but I don't want to hear a never-ending lament over ammunition costs. Probably not stocked at your local Wal-Mart, huh?
I already have the ammo for an AR :lol:
By PaiN
Drew wrote: I already have the ammo for an AR :lol:
What are you doing with a stash of 300Blackout...mister????

Back to more common things like .308...
I'm taking it most of you rifle shooter guys don't seem to like the base rifles I've been looking at.....So I've stepped up my price point and found the Weatherby Vanguards..... for about $100-150 more I can get them in a decent combo setup to get me out and shooting. If these are as good as I've been reading then are I can swallow the few extra bucks...
Here's the deal I've found
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/77916
By JohnFH
Not sure what you want to do with it. That will really decide what to get.

Stevens 200, can be had for a song, same action as the Savage Model 11, no Accutrigger, bed the stock and fix the trigger, and for 300 bucks you have a kick ass general purpose rifle.

If you want a 1000 yard capable, Savage Model 10 or 12 heavy barrel, my 10FCP is 1/4 MOA with hand loads and at 2700fps with a 178 Amax, I'm supersonic till 1150 yards.

If you just want to spend money, get a Tikka.

Dednutz makes the best 1 piece scope mount I have used and you can get it -20 moa if long range is your pleasure.

If you want to try any of them, let me know.
By Drew
PaiN wrote:
Drew wrote: I already have the ammo for an AR :lol:
What are you doing with a stash of 300Blackout...mister????
Well I have some of the parts for an AR build. Just need to settle on a buttstock. Found some ammo in stock here https://www.primaryarms.com/Ammunition_s/499.htm and the rest is history :)
By PaiN
With the find of the Ruger Gunsite Scout this rifle search is a done deal. I have what I was looking for...a do-all weapon in a hard hitting caliber.

Now, too pick a scope....
By Drew
PaiN wrote:With the find of the Ruger Gunsite Scout this rifle search is a done deal. I have what I was looking for...a do-all weapon in a hard hitting caliber.

Now, too pick a scope....
What are you leaning towards? I often struggle with scope decision paralysis.
By PaiN
Drew wrote: What are you leaning towards? I often struggle with scope decision paralysis.
...I am in a terrible state of S.D.P. at the moment. :lol:

Its really not that bad, but I am in the process of picking glass and its a tough choice. I want adjustable magnification and quality optics. The big thing with picking a scope for this rifle is the forward mount. If I understand correctly I have to have a "long eye relief" scope. The GSR does come with rings to mount a scope in the more traditional spot on the receiver but it requires removal of the rear sight and that takes away some of the "scout rifle" functionality.
So far if money was no object(right :?) then a Leupold VX-R would go on, below that is the Leupold Scouts, but these are 2.5x fixed power. Leatherwood/Hi-Lux has a few nice offerings and at the bottom are the Leapers...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!