Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By CTSixshot
http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?i ... 45b91324c3

PaiN:
Seems to me I saw a list price of $650 somewhere before, but the Armalite website now lists them at $852... I must be seeing things again! (Or maybe there has been a price increase since I sent you that link last month...?)

There are two on gunbroker.com... $689 takes the one. The other doesn't list a "Buy it Now" price.
By CTSixshot
PaiN:
The following is from the second listed AR-180B ad on gunbroker.com...
"AR 180B .223 This is the latest reincarnation of a wonderful design, in many ways much better than the AR-15 – M16 series. Contrary to popular belief, they did not both originate from Mr. Stoner. A Mr. Sullivan, whose team at Armalite designed the AR 180, recognized the pitfalls of machined aluminum receivers and direct gas impingement on the operating bolt and sought to return to proven stamped steel and gas piston technology. The new AR 180B series improves upon the original with new polymer technology and uses interchangeable AR 15 trigger components and magazine release in a reinforced polymer (as in Glock) lower. The upper will still interchange with the original AR 180. Light weight, easy handling. I only wish Armalite would have provided a folding stock and 3 prong flash suppressor as on the original. I have always thought the AR 180 was a better handling, better shooting rifle than the AR 15. The rifle offered in this auction, is in new condition, possibly unfired, in the original numbered box. Comes with a new Pro Mag polymer 20 rd and a new 30 rd Bushmaster magazine (any standard AR 15 - M16 mag will work). No sling. No paperwork but I may be able to locate a photocopied manual. We follow all Federal, State, local laws and conduct this auction per this website auction rules. Do not bid if you can not legally receive or own this item. No fire, no disassembly, 3 day inspection / returns. Buyer pays shipping both ways. Shipping to buyer is fixed $25.00 to all States...."
By PaiN
thanks...
It will be a weapon to consider
By Durham68
The original AR-180 is a "named" firearm on the CT list of banned assault weapons. I assume it is still a no-no with a "b" tacked on the end... right?
By CTSixshot
AR-180b's are for sale at Guns & Safes in Milford and they don't sell what's illegal in CT to my knowledge. PaiN and I actually looked at and handled one there.
By CTSixshot
Can't seem to find the "official" CT guns banned list to see what exactly is listed there...maybe someone can provide me with a link.
I'm not certain if the AR-180 is listed or if the original AR-18 is listed there.I did find it was HB7332 back in 1993, but I can't get the current list.
Help!
By CTSixshot
I guess this is it....

Sec. 53-202a. Assault weapons: Definition. (a) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, "assault weapon" means:

(1) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;
By Durham68
AR-180b's are for sale at Guns & Safes in Milford and they don't sell what's illegal in CT to my knowledge. PaiN and I actually looked at and handled one there.
Maybe the "b" tacked on the end does make the difference.
By CTSixshot
That must be it, Durham68. I'm sure the folks at G&S will give you the specifics; they strive to be on top of all the rules, regs and nuances.
By hayes1966
It's that damn bayonet lug .. all these criminals going around stabbing one another with bayonets ..
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!