Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Kenny007
In addition to my Garand interest noted in another post, I've also been interested in getting an AR-15, or an actual M16/M4 to shoot with, in an effort to get reacquainted with my beloved service rifle I had in the Army. However, my primary concern is legal issues that may be in CT that I'm unaware of in its acquisition and ownership, as well as where to get started.

Any ballpark figures on what these may run would be great as well. I think we had one on display in the local shop I lived near in NY, and I think it may have easily been near $1500.
By PaiN
A plain jane Stag Arms AR goes for ~$850 new.
If you want to go higher end with custom tactical gear an AR can quickly jump over $2k
By Kenny007
I just took a look at that thread, a nice looking rifle indeed. A shame I didnt know about this forum a month ago! I am highly interested, though I'll need to learn more about this "preban lower".

Though my wife looming over my shoulder thinks otherwise....
By hayes1966
HA!!! .. Sounds like your wife needs a hobby .. take her shooting :)
By Kenny007
Actually she's taking the class with me, though this will be her first permit and she most likely wont carry.

She's shot before, pistols all the way up to the .45, but she's still scared of them. I think it'll be some time before I can get her shooting regularly.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!