Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Dennis380
thanks.

if there was a U.S. made sks i guess
it would be simpler.

922r is more costlier than CT's stupid laws.
By hayes1966
Dennis380 wrote:thanks.

if there was a U.S. made sks i guess
it would be simpler.

922r is more costlier than CT's stupid laws.
Milsurplus fal flashhider $4 - US Made fake flashhider $45 ..
By Dennis380
Wow that is sad.

Going to order a SKS tomorrow from Samco, and I guess leave it as is.

Wanted a 20 or 30rd fixed mag, and would have been good with just that, but after reading some stories about mods, i'm not ready to fight in court.

Although some are saying if you leave the fixed magazine, you can throw a stock and pistol grip on it...
But that is I guess where 922R comes in....

Sounds stupid, I can do all these things, but have to have US parts and at least 15 or 20 or whatever...

I don't know what is more dumb, this or the not being able to have selective fire, but FULL AUTO instead for a mere $200 liscense.
By CTSixshot
Call me wierd or/and a simpleton, but you'll find the SKS is just fine out of the box. Course, it's your call as to what you do with yours, but just get out and shoot it as is for starters. You'll have a blast!
By djmiked
Dennis380 wrote: I don't know what is more dumb, this or the not being able to have selective fire, but FULL AUTO instead for a mere $200 liscense.
It's really not a license, it is a tax stamp. The most expensive stamp in the US. For those who have never seen one, yes it is an actual stamp (slightly larger then a regular USPS stamp) and it is affixed to your form that you sent in (in duplicate). Sad huh?

But look at it this way, the price of that "stamp" has not changed since 1934. But imagine back in 1934 that the price of a brand new Thompson Sub-machine gun was....you guessed it $200. What are the chances they made the tax stamp the same exact price? :roll:
By CTSixshot
SHHhhhhhhhh!

Oh well, too late! Look for this fee to go higher now!
By hayes1966
djmiked wrote:
Dennis380 wrote: I don't know what is more dumb, this or the not being able to have selective fire, but FULL AUTO instead for a mere $200 liscense.
It's really not a license, it is a tax stamp. The most expensive stamp in the US. For those who have never seen one, yes it is an actual stamp (slightly larger then a regular USPS stamp) and it is affixed to your form that you sent in (in duplicate). Sad huh?

But look at it this way, the price of that "stamp" has not changed since 1934. But imagine back in 1934 that the price of a brand new Thompson Sub-machine gun was....you guessed it $200. What are the chances they made the tax stamp the same exact price? :roll:
Be quiet .. you know they will kick that up to $2000 !
By djmiked
It's not like I'm the first one to ever mention this on the Internet! :lol:
By Dennis380
im sure i'll have fun regardless with it stock.
just adding some fun guns to my list.
got a nice 1935 Mosin Nagant and was looking to get a nice Mauser k98 to go with it.

Next will be something modern like the MP5 clone i had my eye on but heard too many bad stories by the hackers who make them.
By Dennis380
got a nice 1935 Mosin Nagant and was looking to get a nice Mauser k98 to go with it.

Next will be something modern like the MP5 clone i had my eye on but heard too many bad stories by the hackers who make them.
By Dennis380

By PaiN
Dennis380 wrote: just adding some fun guns to my list.
Why not get a Ruger 10/22 and start tinkering? can't get much more fun than that :)
By CTSixshot
...but!
....but!
...but a 22 just doesn't make enough boom, man!
By Dennis380
sorry on the triple post must have an itchy finger.

i thought about the Ruger as well.
i have a Marlin .22 nice old one but always room for another.

my 10yo is begging me to get a Garand first, still looking for an under $600 one and missed 2 just recently.
By CTSixshot
Sometimes the site freezes and you hit "Submit" and find you've duplicated your entries...no big deal.

Smart 10 yo you have there. I know there's an M1 on the wall at Hansen's but I'm sure it's over $600. I'm not privvy to the details. I know I scoffed up the balance of the clean FN57 surplus they had on the counter/floor for dirt cheap. (It's all found a home, so I'm fresh out now.)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!