Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By PaiN
I have an SKS on hand, borrowing it atm, but the owner wants to sell it to me for $100, functionally its fine and in good shape. I looked into extras and I'd like to get a monte carlo poly. stock and a muzzel break..to the tune of $65 shipped.....
Think $165 is worth it for an SKS I don't need? or should everybody have one in the safe?
By CTSixshot
Just shoot it as is and if you tire of it, you can doubtless resell it for over $100. What more can you ask for?

Functional shooter with economically-priced ammo, too. It may not be a tack driver, but it will probably be your regular companion at most rifle matches. (Definitely will take bowling pins down, makes holes in cardboard that you can see, and has plenty of oomph for real world applications such as personal survival and hunting most species in New England).

Regardless, you'll still find more rifles that you will still have to have.
By PaiN
I have my Hi-Point 995 for matches and the mini-30 for plinking....See what I mean about not needing it?
By magneton44
FWIW, you can get an SKS, anytime anywhere. SAVE THE JING FOR AMMO!!
By PaiN
magneton44 wrote:FWIW, you can get an SKS, anytime anywhere. SAVE THE JING FOR AMMO!!
good point.....not to mention, I don't much like the weapon, not as it is anyway.
By Dennis380
Dragging this back up as it seems getting this anywhere anytime is also getting costlier all the time...

If I keep the detachable mag on the SKS, I can use a folding stock correct..

The AWB only states rifles with detachable mags as being part of the " more than 3" evil features rule...

So I keep the 10 round fixed mag, and build up to what I like....
Anyone have pics of their SKS's?
By CTSixshot
Nope! No pictures.
Mine is simply a stock Yugo with no alterations and/or modifications. You've seen it before, it looks like all the other ones on the rack.
Shot it this past weekend and it still functions like the first day I owned it.
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Nope! No pictures.
Mine is simply a stock Yugo with no alterations and/or modifications. You've seen it before, it looks like all the other ones on the rack.
Shot it this past weekend and it still functions like the first day I owned it.
I never ended up buying this SKS....it ended up selling on consignment at NGX
By CTSixshot
PaiN: you still have the CZ though, right? (Otherwise, you might have to buy another SKS to replace the one that got away!)
By PaiN
Yes, I have the CZ and ...believe it or not, plan to keep it :lol:
By CTSixshot
PaiN:
That's got to be a record for you! Ha ha! More power to you, man!

Hey? Are you free to take a ride down to Hansen's this afternoon?
By PaiN
at work until 1900...no "fun runs" for me today
By Dennis380
thanks but i know what a sks looks like was only wondering if anyone here did a buildup of one.

Does swapping out the 10 rd fixed mag for a 30 round fixed mag count against me in the awb rulebook.
By djmiked
Dennis,

You not only have to worry about the CT AWB, but you have to worry about the Federal 922r statue. Google the 922r and you will get an idea of what can or cannot be done.
By hayes1966
Unless the rifle was imported prior to that bill going into law.

A lot of thought went into that one .. I recently needed to find some US made parts for a FAL and the price of these parts has gone up!!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!