Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Drew
A couple years back just before the Presidential election I started to build two different weapons. One an AR-15 and the other a DPMS LR-308. Basically I would buy whatever parts I was able to get. Interestingly the guns started to go in the same direction. 24" barrels, free float handguards, Magpul PRS stocks and Ergo pistol grips. In the end I like how it shows the relative size difference between the two platforms. The 308 weighs in an a whopping 16 pounds with a loaded magazine and glass. The other interesting thing was the cost. The 308 cost substantially more to build at the time due to price gouging and parts shortages. Fulton Armory was the only reliable source for parts which is how the 308 ended up with that butt ugly handguard

By PaiN
Yes maybe expensive and heavy .....but the AR platform in 7.62x51/.308 is just BaD-AsS :twisted:
By SR9
Wow, 16lbs and I thought my Hakim was heavy at just over 11lbs. The weight does take some sting out of the recoil though.

Nice hardware ya got there Drew.

I would love to have something in .308 but I have too many calibers already.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!