Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Drew
I took some pictures to show relative size of some AR-15 Charging Handles.

MechArmor TachOps-1
VLTOR BCM Gunfighter Mod 3
Colt Stock

While the BCM is the best looking the TacOps-1 is ambidextrous, robust and well thought out. The latch bottoms out inside the handle as to not stress the roll pin. The roll pin is the biggest on any charging handle and the latch is steel.

If theres one drawback it's cost. At a later date Ill post a message I got from the soldier in the field who turned me on to the MechArmor TacOps-1

The lever in the middle is also to release the charging handle

Here's the three handles stacked showing relative width

Heres the TacOps-1 with the BCM

Here's the three side by side

By brian83
Good stuff, I appreciate the info.

Out of curiosity, do you have to engage both the standard latch and the latch in the middle of the mecharmor handle to charge the bolt, or is it an "either or" setup?
By Drew
It's one or the other.
By Drew
Someone asked for this. Here's a view of the handle from the top with a scope mounted on a DPMS LR-308

By Drew
If anyone is interested Mecharmor has agreed to sell 15 of the AR-15 handles at $82 each as a promotion through one of my sites. The only caveat is you need to send them a check. Brownells sell these for $119.

Theres really no other charging handle as tough as the TacOps-1. The oversizing and ambidextrous operation are all just gravy.

Anyhow if this is of interest here's the address. Just leave a note that you found out from drew at 308AR.com and they will honor the price.

MechArmor Defense Inc. P.O. Box 2221, Wolfeboro,NH 03894

Disclaimer: I get nothing out of this
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!