Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:One of the issues with the 762x39 round is that is it designed for military rifles where the chamber is not as tight as the CZ chamber. I can you you having nothing but trouble shooting military surplus in this gun if you go down that road.

I have a 223 with a 1/12 barrel and with reloads will shoot smaller than dime size holes at 100yds. The 1/9 twist are better as they will shoot std ammo.
What .223(s) do you own?
By JohnB
he has the .223 cz 527 laminated with 1-12 twist, his brother has a cz 527 .223 kevlar in 1-9 twist, the 1-9 shoots 55 gr great the 1-12 needs a lighter bullet
By hayes1966
I also have 6 ARs and a Thompson Contender 223 8)
By JohnB
i have 4 ar's 1 rem 700 1 saiga in .223 :)
By PaiN
I just got back from NGX...They had quite afew CZ 527 .223s out
I really like the FS its beautiful to see and handles great.

Another very impressive rifle I looked at today in .223 and .308 is the Remington 700 VTR. A great feeling rifle, with killer looks and a decent price
By JohnFH
if your looking bolt, don't forget Savage http://savagearms.com/11fcns.htm
I have the 111 version in 30-06 with a 25x scope. One hole on the bench at 100yds with 150 gr Remington off the shelf and under 1" groups at 200yds.
Can't wait to put some good ammo in it.
Haven't shot it over 200 yet.

I'll be getting a companion in .308 for Service rifle shoots next spring.
By JohnB
the vtr is cool but the stock leaves a lil to be desired, if you take a good look it flexs under the barrel channel, this is not good as if you shoot it off a bipod the bipod will push the stock up into the barrel and POI will change as the barrel heats up, IMO id buy the savage with accu-trigger any day over the VTR..now a regular bull barrel PSS over a savage is another matter completly :)
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:the vtr is cool but the stock leaves a lil to be desired, if you take a good look it flexs under the barrel channel, this is not good as if you shoot it off a bipod the bipod will push the stock up into the barrel and POI will change as the barrel heats up, IMO id buy the savage with accu-trigger any day over the VTR..now a regular bull barrel PSS over a savage is another matter completly :)
Party pooper :P

on a side note my 22/45 and MkII are now on consignment at NGX
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!