Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By JohnB
whatcha trying to say ??? 8O

sher took it like 3 years ago or so
By PaiN
Now I'll have to keep an eye out for you(or at least the back of your head) John :wink:
The M1 is awesone, I'd love to own one but I'd have to start reloading and that's not happening yet, its ammo is expensive as hell.

Here's one I've that turns my head, it belongs to a member over at norteast shooters.

By hayes1966
John B has shot my M1 more times that his own ..
By CTSixshot
How about the Armalite AR-180B?
Seems like a better operating system with a rod that keeps gas out of the receiver/chamber area
(hmmmmm...just like an SKS and the new Sig rifle).
Not as classy as the AR-15 derivatives, perhaps, but with the stamped upper approach, it's a bit less expensive.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?i ... 45b91324c3
Last edited by CTSixshot on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnB
newginton gun exchange has one of those..been there awhile and i believe its around 6 or 7 hundred
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:How about the Armalite AR-180B?
Seems like a better operating system with a rod that keeps gas out of the receiver/chamber area
(hmmmmm...just like an SKS and the new Sig rifle).
Not as classy as the AR-15 derivatives, perhaps, but with the stamped upper approach, it's a bit less expensive.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?i ... 45b91324c3
That is nice...but if I decide to get a weapong that fires .223/5.56, I'd snag a Kel-tec SU-16. At Hoffmans it is $399, I'm sure I can find one for less but even at $399 it still hunderds less than m,ost ARs. Kel-tec also sells a nice forend for the SU that gives it a more tacti-cool look and some rales
edit:
Correction on the price of the new SU-16 its $499 not $399 sry
By PaiN
Gun Genie "stock watch" just told me today that the Kel-tec SU-16CA is available. The price is ~$600....More stuff in confussion soup :? Its difficult to make the right rifle choice
By PaiN
Good news, I called NGX and they tell me the Hi-Point is fixed and ready to go. Didn't have time to get all the gory details, guess I'll find out when I pick it up.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!