Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By magneton44
For the money?? Why not! Especially if it'll help with better shot placement.
By PaiN
I'm going to order it as soon as I finish installing an over-the-stove microwave..ok, as soon as I finsih this cup of coffee then finish installing the microwave.

btw: I'm going to add a mag release extension to the order for my 10/22, that recessed stock one is a pain in the ass
By magneton44
You need to get your priorities in order... :lol:
By PaiN
I ordered the stock.
When its here and I have the rifle apart, I going to give a serious bath and lube, polish the feed ramp and chamber area and go back to the peep sights

pics to come
By PaiN
Damn....right on que :x
I took the Hi-Point 995 out this morning, the gun up until today has been fine, an occational stove-pipe with the Win WB, but few and far between. Today, it went to hell, I could barely get 5 shots through before it jammed, acted the same with Blazers. I've been cleaning the weapon after each use, also.
This stinks...especially right after I ordered the ATI stock
By magneton44
Mag issue???
By PaiN
magneton44 wrote:Mag issue???
I'm not sure, I have 3 of the factory mags and they all did it.

maybe, its time for a google search and the subject.
By JohnB
how did it jam ? stovepipe.. fail to eject..fail to feed..fail to fire..etc
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:how did it jam ? stovepipe.. fail to eject..fail to feed..fail to fire..etc
Its a "fail to feed" problem(I think), there is rarely a spent round in the breach and when I get the cartridge out(have to shake\tap) it has two small groves etched in it at the rim...like the extractor cut into it.
Any ideas?
Last edited by PaiN on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnB
its a live cartridge at this point and its ejected the spent ?
By PaiN
sry about the typo's ..hadn't finished my coffee :?
Once in a few there is a spent case jammed in the breach...but with every jam there is that looks like a "stovepiped" live cartridge angled in the chamber. That's what I have to shake or tap out, once the mag is dropped, it is also the case with the "groves" I described.
By JohnB
could be the mag..could be the feed ramp, could simply be the ammo :) lotsa could be's try polishing the feed ramp a little bit with a scotch bright..dont go nuts with it just a lil smoothing is all thats needed
By PaiN
I was planning polishing the ramp and chamber once it was apart. I'm also going to clean every nook of it.
I'll see how it runs after this TLC....If its still bad in the new stock I'll have to send it in, Hi-Points have a lifetime warrarty.
Last edited by PaiN on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By JohnB
be careful in the chamber dont get too carried away in there
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!