Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By PaiN
Bad news :( ...The rifle looks and feels awhole lot better ...but it dosen't fire any better. I got a good look at what's going on and it is definately a "fail-to-feed" problem. I called NGE and they are going look at it and test fire, if they can't fix it they'll ship it to HP for a warranty fix. I don't expect I'll see my rifle for awhile.
By PaiN
Not to keep posting on my own thread, but after I dropped off the Hi-point..I was free to browse.... I saw some very cool rifles tonight Ruger PC-9 @ $425, Kel-Tec SU-16 @ $399, Russian SKS @ $199
I kept the walet in my pocket....and as it turns out a buddy of mine as an SKS, he's giving me the rifle and ammo for a range trip tomorow(I'm playing hookie from work).
I'll be at Bell City sometime in the earily afternoon, with my brother.
By PaiN
the saga...here's the e-mail I just sent too Hi-Point
Hello, I purchased a 9mm 995-b in June and shortly after the butt pad with two 10round magazines. The carbine ran fine, firing 115g Winchester WB and CCI Blazer ammo(I clean all my weapons after each use). Suddenly I started to get "fail to feed" issues, when these happened I could see rounds either stove piped or wedged against the feed ramp. The FTF happen(ed) within the first two rounds with each mag change and with all three magazines. I returned the rifle to the place of purchase, which requested I let their gun-smith have it for testing and repair before it was sent back. I agreed and after 2 1/2 weeks I pick it up today. The smith stated it was functional he cleaned and polished the ramp because of what he said was "gummy paint" in the area, in addition to lubing all parts. There was a $30 fee.
I took the 995 out for testing, the initial 20 rounds fired fine, on the 3rd magazine the FTF issues started again and continued to happen on each mag within one or two shots, with no difference in regard to ammo types. I then decided to load the magazines with 5 rounds instead of 10...I fired 200+ rounds with the mags loaded with 5 rounds without a single FTF.
Please advise on the best way to repair these magazines, I believe they may need a turn out of the spring or possibly a less tense spring.
Thank you
Mike O.
Any ideas on how to get these mags to run with the full 10?
By JohnB
i think you hit the nail on the head, it could also be the feed lips too
By hayes1966
JohnB, is Erik a member of the board ? I know he has one of these and I never heard of any issues with his.
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:JohnB, is Erik a member of the board ? I know he has one of these and I never heard of any issues with his.
You mean a Hi-Point right?....
Someone at the range tonight said to take the mags to Jo-Jo's in Southington but I already spent $30 I didn't want to. I'm hoping Hi-Point will do the fixing free, like redo 3 new mags and send them too me. I think that would be the decent thing to do.
By hayes1966
Yes I mean Hi Point. JoJos are very good but I would wait and see what NGX/HI Point do.

NGX are really good about working to correct issues like this, had you bought the gun at Hoffmans you would be dealing with HiPoint yourself.
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:Yes I mean Hi Point. JoJos are very good but I would wait and see what NGX/HI Point do.

NGX are really good about working to correct issues like this, had you bought the gun at Hoffmans you would be dealing with HiPoint yourself.
I wasn't going to get NGX involved again, unless HP wants the weapon back. But I think that would be a huge waste since its obvious where the issue is.
By PaiN
Would you believe that Hi-Point CS responded last night!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:07:28 PM
Mike,

Please call the factory, our technical staff will help you. Please have the serial number of your firearm when you call. The hours are 7am till 5pm EST Monday thru Thursday and 7am till 11am EST Friday. Our toll-free number is 1-866-948-4867.

Thank you,

Hi-Point Firearms.
This is amazing...I've never gotten one so fast.
By PaiN
Hi-Point wanted the rifle back and NGX was willing to ship it to them free of charge(well not really because they charged me $30 to "fix" this problem the first time I brought it to them)
I just got a call from NGX that its back and repaired :)
I hope this is the end of this story.
By CTSixshot
Just in time for the Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) plate shoot at the New Haven club this Friday night...http://www.nhsc-fnp.com/
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Just in time for the Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) plate shoot at the New Haven club this Friday night...http://www.nhsc-fnp.com/
rats :( my wife is going out Friday...I'm babysitting, already planned
By CTSixshot
I am hard pressed to get to most shoots, too, with the one vehicle, but here are a few more dates to consider:
Sunday, 5 Oct 08 Rockville F&G Combat Shotgun
Friday, 10 Oct 08 New Haven SC Pistol plates
Friday, 17 Oct 08 New Haven SC Plates B.U.G.
Saturday, 18 Oct 08 NHSC Service Rifle
Sunday, 19 Oct 08 NWCT (Canaan) Pistol Match
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!