Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By JohnB
anyone shoot in any garand matches ? just got one and im interested in learning
By hayes1966
I saw a flyer at the club last night for a military rifle shoot at Bell City on March 5th (I think). Anyone got more info as to the type of match it is etc, as well as times, rifles allowed, whether or not JohnB can wear his lucky wellington boots etc

Thanks

John
By djmiked
Yes, this is a Foreign Military bolt action rifle match. It will be held on Sunday March 5th 2006. It is being held for those guys and gals that have Foreign made bolt action rifles and feel they can't compete with them. So bring your Enfield and Mauser etc. and have some fun! I believe the match will start at 10:00 but you would need to be there earlier like 8-9:00

Mike
By hayes1966
Mike,

Is this a three position type match or just a plain on bench match?

John
By djmiked
The match will be a Foreign Military Rifle High Power Match.
Rack grade rifles and military issued ammunition is preferred.
Caliber is 6.5mm or larger.
70 rounds @ 200 yards, both slow and rapid fire.
Both Bullseye and IPSC targets will be used.
Members $8, non-members $10

I am not sure if there are any positions other than prone.
By JohnB
are aftermarket sights permitted ? i have an sks and a mauser..but both are fitted with mojo peep sights
By djmiked
I would say you could shoot the match with the Mauser (obviously the sks is not a bolt action).

Mike
By JohnB
i could use my swiss K31 too, but id need a second mortgage for 70 rounds of 7.5 x 55, still have to work up a load for that
By CTSixshot
JohnB...
I shot a Garand match at Bell City a few years back...where were you?
Quaker Hill has at least one a year, specifically a M1 Garand match. Their S-A service rifle match is based on the Garand style shoot, too, so you could figure that's a Garand match as well; just that some shoot foreign Garands.

BTW...did you know the bridge on I-395 (up near exit 93) is named in John C. Garand's honor?
By hayes1966
Just missed this ..at Bell City

(1) John C. Garand Match: Saturday, Sept. 20th, 2008. John C. Garand match course B at 200 yards:
1. Slow Prone: 5 sighters, 20 rounds for record, slow fire prone, time limit: 25 minutes, SR target.
2. Rapid Prone: No sighters, 10 rounds for record, rapid fire prone from standing, time limit: 70 seconds, SR target.
3. Rapid Sitting: No sighters, 10 rounds for record, rapid fire sitting or kneeling from standing, time limit: 60 seconds, SR target.
4. Offhand: No sighters, 10 rounds for record, time limit: 10 minutes, SR target.
Note: All rifles used in the John C. Garand Match must be “as issued” U.S. military rifles that comply with CMP rule 7.2.4.
By hayes1966
but this one is coming up .. maybe an Enfield match ..

(2) Springfield / Military Bolt Rifle Match: Sunday, October 12th, 2008. Course of fire will be the same as the John C. Garand match noted above with the exception of the rapid fire strings being conducted under a 80 second time limit. Note: All rifles used in the Springfield / Military Bolt Rifle Match must be “as issued” U.S. military rifles that comply with CMP rule 9.11.2 or other “as issued” foreign military rifles that comply with CMP rule 7.2.5.
By CTSixshot
There you go, JohnB... ...stop eating donuts and posting on "ctshooting.com" and get your gun and start making some real noise!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!