Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By SigFan
Opinions. I can spend $100 on an Archangel stock and another $100 on a new barrel or get myself a GSG-5.

I love the GSG-5 for size and looks. Never shot one.

I love the way my 10/22 shoots, but she needs a refresh and some TLC.

It's really a toss up, since I could sell the 10/22 and mags (to PaiN :D) and come out pretty close as far as money goes between fixing up Ugly Betty and buying my sexy German lass.

Opinions?
By hayes1966
There are more options with the 10/22. Mags are cheaper and eaisly available. If it was made prior to 94 you can put all the evil features on it.
By J
I may be partial, but I love my GSG-5. The GSG-5 was my first .22 both in pistol and rifle. I really just wanted something to plink around with. The only bad thing is the lawsuit with GSG/ATI and H&K. I dont think theyre making anymore GSG-5's, theyre only gonna sell the ones that they have. This'll probably make aftermarket stuff hard to find too. Even with all that, im still glad I picked up GSG-5. More guns the merrier I say.
By SigFan
hayes1966 wrote:There are more options with the 10/22. Mags are cheaper and eaisly available. If it was made prior to 94 you can put all the evil features on it.
.22 with a bayonet, here I come!!
By PaiN
Do the 10/22 up. 8)

I have sort of been in the same situation. I've wanted a close practice rifle to go with my M1.

The choice was to get a 10/22 and put it in a Choate stock with Tech-Sights TSR100, which would be dead nuts like the M1 or go with a pre-built "tactical" .22 like the M&P15-22 or GSG-5 with the coolness factor 8)

I ordered the 10/22 parts yesterday...now all I need is a 10/22 :lol:
If no one answers my WTB ad I'll be picking up a NIB 10/22 tomorrow.
By myglimk2
Stick with the 10/22. Wish I would have spent the money on one the first time around. Also, stay away from the S&W M&P15-22. I had nothing but feed problems regardless of what ammo I used. Sent it back to S&W twice and they still couldnt resolve the issue. Ended up trading it in for my glock 19.
My old 15-22
By jkysmrf
Keep the 10/22. It is a classic. Get an archangel or the fungun getup. I never got a 10/22 myself, but if I see one for the right price, Id jump on it in a heartbeat. For coolness factor you can always get a ciener conversion for AR15 or a dedicated .22lr upper.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!