Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By GreggAndrews
Realistically, there's no way you can really get in that much practice with ANY centerfire without spending buku bucks, unless you handload.

I freaking love .22's. Name one centerfire cartridge, that you can buy ammo in 550rnd bricks for $16. :wink:
By Drew
Many years ago a guy who was working for me was moving down south. Kept trying to sell me some firearms that was his dads. Knowing how this guy was about taking care of stuff I wasnt interested. Then came his last day of work. He brought the guns to work. Said they were two bolt action shotguns and a bolt action .22. He said listen give me a hundred bucks and they are all yours. I relented. Put them in my truck, brought them home and put them away. Never opened the cases once. Two years ago I stumbled across them and finally decided to se what I bought. I was floored to find this 1940's era OF Mossberg 42M(b) complete with original sights, scope and several boxes of ammo from that time. While the rifle isnt really valuable ($300-$600) it's pretty neat in it's own right as you dont see these that often.

By PaiN
Well this thread seems to have new life.....might as well go with it ;)

I have a 10/22 currently that I built to match up with my M1 Carbine.
I had put a set of Tech-Sights on the thing, but I came to realize I really don't like the Tech-Sights(this is set #2). I traded the sights for and unused SS barrel, to put to rifle back to its original irons. Now, its going to be kind of a Frakenstien since it was blued. It'll make a nice beater practice rifle.
By Mike-Sid
JohnB wrote:cant beat em, i shoot .22 bullseye pistol in a league and have a few 22 rifles, win 52, ruger 10/22, cz 453 a ciener kit for my ar and a sweet 14" barrel for my contender i find i mostly grab a 22 when i go out shooting
Win 52?????
By Mopar
Mike-Sid wrote:
JohnB wrote:cant beat em, i shoot .22 bullseye pistol in a league and have a few 22 rifles, win 52, ruger 10/22, cz 453 a ciener kit for my ar and a sweet 14" barrel for my contender i find i mostly grab a 22 when i go out shooting
Win 52?????
Nice! They were top of the line target rifles back before Anschutz came on the scene.
By Mopar
I totally love the .22 rimfire for plinking and practice, and we own quite a few. Two 10/22s (and I plan on getting a 3rd for a project I wanna do), a CZ 452 (probably the most accurate target rifle you can buy for under $1000), a Ruger 22/45, Sig Mosquito, Beretta Bobcat, an old H&R revolver, and a CMMG conversion for my AR.

I love that me and the wife and kid can all spend an afternoon on the range and only go through $20 worth of ammo.
By JohnB
i sold the win52, now i have an anschutz
By Drew
Dont think I posted this before (If I did I appologize). It' my 92 Colt Sporter with a CMMG Sierra .22lr dedicated upper. The CMMG runs flawlessly and is quite accurate.
It now has Magpul GEN II MBUS and a rimfire scope.

By LTB45
Love my Savage Mark II BRJ
This week I put a bipod on it, Next pruchase for it will be a couple of 10 round mags...I dont have the patience for a 5 round mag on a .22.

Nothing fancy Bushnell 4x32 scope that does the job for now :wink:

Last edited by LTB45 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Drew
What a beauty!!!
By LTB45
Thanks, it shoots better than me :oops:
By Drew
LTB45 wrote:Thanks, it shoots better than me :oops:
probably better looking too :lol:
By LTB45
Drew wrote:
LTB45 wrote:Thanks, it shoots better than me :oops:
probably better looking too :lol:
That goes without saying...LOL!!

This is not a gun that I would have purchased for myself especially at the selling price of these things. I actually won it in a raffle. And dam glad that I did. 8)
By newguy
Figured i post this up and put alittle history about it i bought this for small game hunting took off the scope that came in package cus it was a POS and added Centerpoint scope. I like Remington plus this came with 10 round mag. and i got sick of people with there 10/22 I have to say out of the box without paying tons of upgrade money like you do with 10/22 this will out shoot any 10/22 stock right out of box. Now selling it cus i am not small game hunting like i thought i was going too. I ran about 50 rounds thru it about 20 to sight it in. and other 30 knocking down nickels off a fence post at my buddy farm at 100 yards so easy to hit center really no fun for me to shoot. So i am selling it in Forum now.

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!