Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By PaiN
So who likes thier rim rifles?
Even though I've been busy with pistols lately the shooting I love best...is to go plop down on a bench and plink away with a box of .22lr, the Savage and T\C propped up and various tragets at 50-100yrds.
ahhhh :)
By magneton44
Just bought a Savage .17HMR and mounted a Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 on it. Looking to mount a harris bipod on it.. Not too sure on which model to get. Can't be that hard to install. Bought the thumbhole model..Nice Plinker, also decent trainer for getting down my rifle basics for the GAP7000.. I'll post pics when cam is up
By JohnFH
love my lil old 22, it's older than me and is better shape than I am too
By JohnB
cant beat em, i shoot .22 bullseye pistol in a league and have a few 22 rifles, win 52, ruger 10/22, cz 453 a ciener kit for my ar and a sweet 14" barrel for my contender i find i mostly grab a 22 when i go out shooting
By hayes1966
Two 10/22, CZ 452, Mitchell Arms Jager, Ruger MK II, Buckmark, Ruger Single Six and Walther P22.

I traded my ciner kit to JohnB and he won't trade it back .. langer :lol:
By PaiN
I am tossing around the idea of getting a 2nd .22 pistol. I have Ruger MkIII 22/45 but I really want one with a thicker grip(none made for the 22/45). I could go with a MkIII512 and add a Houge grip for ~$360 or a S&W 22A 5 1/2" with the factory rubber grip for ~$240.

btw: All this depends on tomorow...If the replacement Keltec I get back is still borked and/or runs like crap. I'm trading it for a new carry gun and that's where the last of my gun money will be spent.
By JohnB
some kind of 1911 with a kimber .22 slide/barrel, i have one..awesome toy, i'll take pics to show you
By hayes1966
They also make a 22 upper for the glocks. Most of these conversions run around $200 so sometimes it my be better to have another firearm in the long run but with a 1911 you could practise with a 22 upper and switch to a 45 for carry,
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:some kind of 1911 with a kimber .22 slide/barrel, i have one..awesome toy, i'll take pics to show you
A guy was shooting a Kimber 1911 with a .22 conversion at the plate shoot last Friday.....That gun could spit out some serious bursts.
By JohnB
its a nice toy..not exactly a bullseye gun and its ligthjer than a 1911 but its cool and thats what counts !
By hayes1966
and cheap to shoot today as ammo prices are going through the roof.
By padre
a 1961 Marlin Mountie and a 1968 Colt Woodsman

By newguy
I bought a S&W 22A with a 7 inch barrel used at Hoffmans for 169.99 tried it out last weekend at free state range and had a blast total tack driver If it still there they had one more for same price. Well worth the money. I also have a Remington 597 22lr rifle i bought even though people seem to hate them i haven't had a single problem with mine i just made sure i loaded the mags two weeks before so they broke in
By GreggAndrews
I love my old Marlin 60. First gun I ever had, and with the old Mossberg M4b scope it'll print nice groups all day long...

When I'm not screwing around.
By PaiN
Ya know..... :evil: This thread is from "08" and my T/C turned out to be a total POS.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!