Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
The next IBS 100yd score match will be held at Bell City Rifle Club in Southington, CT. The match will start at 10am, but I suggest you get there at least an hour to an hour and half early to set up flags, register, weigh in and attend the saftey meeting.
We had a great time at our first match, and I hope that tradition can continue. If you have any questions regarding the format of the match, directions, etc. please feel free to email me or post on this site.
[email protected]
Cost is $15 for those who wish to compete for plaques, $12 for Bell City members. Food will be available for a small donation (intended to be a break even affair all around).
I will be putting new tops and firming up the two older benches at the range after one of the competitors got a splinter and bled all over the place...sorry Mike.
I am also looking for any volunteers to help run the match. You will be able to shoot and help out so don't be afraid to volunteer. My scorer may be in MA with her new grandchild (date of arrival to be announced), so anyone with scoring experience or the desire to learn come on down.
There is a large FAQ section on the bellcity.org site for those who have not shot benchrest before, but are interested in attending the match.
Rules and regulations are found on www.internationalbenchrest.com.
Hope to see you all there.
Mike Suhie
By hayes1966
I was at the club this weekend when the match was taking place. The match looked like a lot of fun but I am sorry I didn't bring my camera. One individual had a trailer (almost like something you would see at a NASCAR type event) all kitted out with a reloading bench (muliple presses) , sofa, table the works. I made an inquiry as to the whereabouts of the flat screen and it was pointed out too me.. I just couldn't see it from where I was standing.

Plenty of food on hand and I took a look at some of the targets that came in .. glad I wasn't shooting against those guys.

There does seem to be multiple classes of shooting so definitely somethings that warrents closer attention.

Mike if you took any pictures, please post.
By MikeSuhie
Thanks for the positive words about the match, and it was nice meeting you at the range. The issues you raised previously will be addressed at the next executive committee meeting so I hope it won't deter you from trying it out. Again, I appreciate the manner in which you handled the information.
I am hoping to have some winter "club" shoots that will not be registered, but just getting some guys together and giving it a go. Same IBS rules/regulations, but the format will better paced for those who are used to high power shooting...I believe one member likened it to "watching paint dry". Which I understand, but this game is about extreme accuracy, and cannot be rushed.
I haven't chosen a date yet, but I am hoping to have a 15 shot match at 100yds (3 targets 10 minutes each), and then maybe 25 shots (5 targets ten minutes each) at 200yds. It really depends on what the shooters want, and how many guys turn out. I am happy to put these matches on, score targets, call the line, etc... and am always accepting of any volunteers. If any of the guys at the match are reading this they know how much I appreciate their help in making it work.
Thanks again,
Miked
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!