Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
After all the prep work and anticipation we finally had our first match at Bell City. It was a hot, humid, hot (did I mention hot), day with most relays finding themselves dealing with mild to no wind and a mirage that made yours truly consider turning in his rifle for scrap. We had shooters from Pennsylvania, Vermont, CT, and New York come out for the match, and I am not sure I could convey how much it meant to have them there. Couldn't have been a nicer bunch of guys for this our first match, and once we got the swing of things the relays went off without a hitch. A big thank you needs to go out to Bill Sargent who came down and brought his 4 wheeler, called the first relay, and acted as a general guide as we felt our way through match day. I actually rangled my mom into scoring for us, and once she got the hang of it she was making every "X" a hard earned score. My dad helped out in changing the targets, Mike Sobotkin and Jim Brooks helped as referees and all made my day that much easier.

We are hoping that we will have as good a turnout next month when we do it all over again. There were many recommendations for group shoots, and for next year we will make plans to get a moving backer system if the interest is there. I was hoping that aside from the match going smoothly that every competitor felt comfortable and had a good time during the shoot. I think we accomplished that well.
I learned a lot about the mirage today, but more importantly I realized how much fun this sport can be, and how great the competitors are as a group. I don't think I saw a single competitor with a frown on his/her face for more than a second (you know that second after you look back in the scope after you touched off your shot and realize that you missed the letup...).

Thanks again to all who came down and shared the afternoon. I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again.
Mike Suhie
Match results here will be sent to IBS as soon as I complete the equipment list in excel.

VFS 100yds
Clark Shen 250 21x
Joe Hecht 250 18x
Joe Petrikonis 250 16x
Jim Brooks 250 15x
Rich Suhie 250 14x
Jim Brooks 250 13x
Joe Petrikonis 250 13x
George Boyle 250 12x
Walt Smith 250 9x
Bill Sargent 249 17x
Ron Mattson 249 13x