Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By MikeSuhie
Hello to all.
I just got back from the range with a member of this board and he made me aware of its existence. I belong to Bell City in Southington, and am holding the first benchrest score match there on August 15th. This will be the first registered score match, that I am aware of, in a long time and I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who is interested.
The match details can be found at www.bellcity.org, but in short are
10am start 100yd Varmint for Score (VFS), Varmint Hunter (VH), Hunter(H), factory and semi-custom classes. Factory rifles are completely stock and include cooper, dakota, and Rem 40x. Semi-custom is defined as any modification be it trigger, barrel, bedding, truing, etc...
Food will be provided at a $3 donation (6' sub, sodas and water).
Details of the rifles and classes can be found at www.internationalbenchrest.com. Registration applications can be downloaded for speeding up the process on match day, and current rules and regulations can also be found there.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. For anyone who is intimidated by going up against seasoned competitors with high dollar rigs Don't Be! This is the first time I will be running a match, and only my second time competing in this type of match. I have a savage LRPV in 30BR that does OK, but it really is about having fun for me. There are those who will be shooting rimfire to full blown Benchrest rigs. There will be a class for everyone. Cost is $15 for general public and $12 for Bell City members. Plaques for first place in all classes and certificates for second place in all classes will be awarded. You MUST be an IBS member to be considered for VFS, H, and VH class awards.
email me at [email protected]
Sorry for the last minute notice, but I just learned about this site today!
Hope to see you there.
Please show up at least an hour to an hour and half early for registration, flag placement, and safety meeting.
Mike Suhie
By JohnFH
Welcome to the nuthouse Mike.

Thanks Very much for having me down today, I can use all the help I can get.
By hayes1966
Welcome, there are a few of us who are members at Bell City.
By MikeSuhie
Thanks for the welcome, John. I am looking forward to the shoot, and meeting more shooters from the area.
I am hoping to attract new and seasoned shooters to the match. I have had several Bell City members approach me at the meetings and inquire about the match. Most had not heard of benchrest shooting, but were interested in what it was and what sort of rifles, rests, etc would be needed. If there are questions that I can answer I would be happy to provide any information I can.
There is a wealth of knowledge on www.benchrest.com, and you will find far more experienced shooters than myself. My goal in the match that I shot was not to make any big mistakes...gun handling, missing a condition change, etc... I managed to stay clean and score 9x's which I was pretty happy with. It was a lot of fun, and I don't think I have met a nicer bunch of guys.
Looking forward to the match.
Mike
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!