Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By Wolvie56X
wife is on a hunt for an AR-15, THANKS DJMIKE!!! lol and while store hopping, i happened upon one of my few dream guns, a Mosin Nagant

had the change to get one about 9 years ago for $79 at Cubetas, Fuzzy's Corner BABY!! and i never got one, i just didnt want a bolt action, so i got a couple SKS, well, i really kicked myself for that, i really really wanted a Nagant

so during out hunt for the AR-15 of her dreams, we went to Cubetas, aka Field and Stream, and they had one :D

and it was only $159, compared to Cabela's at $299 and Newington Gun Xchange at $399, it was truly a blessing

the gun is amazingly clean, never fired, its still in the Cosmoline grease, cleaned it up and played with it last night, can NOT wait to take this sucker to the range

:D :D :D :D :D :D
By guinness126
He doesn't lie. He literally sat in the living room last night, and played with the bolt until I had to take it away for fear of waking the kids. :lol:

Happy Father's Day, hunny!! LOL

(And WHERE'S my Mother's Day gift???? 8O )
By djmiked
Don't you get an AR-15 for Mother's Day? :lol:
By JohnFH
Did you get the bayonet with it?
What year? armory? details man details.... pictures....

if it's a 91/30, shoot it with the bayonet on, they were originaly sited in that way :D and the looks at the range are good too :wink:
By Wolvie56X
it did come with the bayonet, but it seems to cover up the barrel hole, dont see how i can fire with it on, our neighbor had a chinese Nagant and it had a bayonet that was able to come up and around the tip of the barrel, so you can fire it with the bayonet out

no idea on the armory, its stamped with 1941 on it though, as far as i know it was touched up and then shipped over here still in the cosmoline

posting a 'look-a-like' pic, same exact gun and everything that came with it

cant figure how to post a pic, but heres a link to the same exact 1 i have

http://www.davesguns.com/serverpics/Use ... ong-01.jpg
By JohnFH
From the picture, you have a 91/30, the bayonet slides over the barrel, and then twists to lock on to the front sight base. It will be clear of the muzzle.

This is a link to an amazing amount of information about these rifles.

http://7.62x54r.net/

You will be able to read up on all the markings on the gun, where and when it was made, and sometimes some cool things like unique markings.

Ammo is still available for about $100 for 440 rounds of mil surplus

Be warned, Mosins are like rabbits, they multiply without your consent, and they bring home friends like Mausers.....
By PaiN
Congrats, on a find that makes you happy Wolf :D nice deal too...

All I wanted for father's day was ammo....specifically .22lr 40g RNHV, Federal, CCI anything but Remmy Thunderbolts......I took a drive ALL AROUND and could not find one brick of the stuff :evil:
Jo-Jos did have a few bricks of the Remmy Thunders but I hate that stuff especially at $28/500....So I basically ended up with a can of Gun Scrubber

I should have gotten myself a Glock 33 or 20...just for pacification :?
By Wolvie56X
wow, ty, that site is awesome, gonna play around with it when i get home from work, needless to say, all the guys at work are ex tremely jealous and im sorry PaIN, i woulda got ya a box for fathers day if i saw any!!

im happy with my arsenal so far, BUT i think theres still room for an AR-15 and an 8mm Mauser in there :)
By guinness126
You've got enough rifles, hun. Those are gonna be MINE.

Envy me, worship me. LOL 8O
By JohnFH
8mm Mauser in there

SEEE, I told you, mausers already
By CTSixshot
Wolvie56X wrote:...room for an AR-15 and an 8mm Mauser in there :)
There's a handy little Portuguese 1904 up at Cabela's that has caught my eye a little bit...
http://surplusrifle.com/mauserport1904m38/index.asp

BTW, I have a sealed tin of Yugo 8x57, too...just for you at $257 if you pick-up in New Haven.
http://www.ammoengine.com/find/store_fr ... 26dir%3D18

As to Mosin Nagants, there was one on the wall at Hansen's for $135. Not sure now if it was a Model 44 or the 91/30 or other. If I recall correctly, it was the former.
By Wolvie56X
omg that would only be $.26 a round, havnt seen prices like that in ages lol Field and Stream has a Chinese 8mm Mauser for $219 and its maybe 1 mile down the road from me, so im thinking of that puppy, its also about half a foot shorter then the russian nagant, a little bit more managble for the wifey :P

and yes my dear guinness(my wife, she trolls on here to keep an eye on me!! lol), the Mauser will be yours, as well as the AR babe

CTSix, how availble are the 6.5mm ammo? i know i can get 8mm(from YOU) and 7.62x54 anywhere, not sure if id wanna get too nuts with weird calibers

anyone have a Dragunov out there they wanna sell!!! i SOOOOO shoulda got the one they had at Field and Stream for $500 back in the day ugh im kicking myself so much lately lol
By CTSixshot
If you're talking Swede 6.5x55, that's available. $13.49 for the basic Prvi Partisan ammo at G&S, if there's any left. I know I'd sent JohnFH a link for some cheaper surplus, but I don't recall what site it was now.

Oh...here it is:
http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammunition.html#6.5

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satell ... 5x55+Swede

6.5 Carcano and Jap (6.5x50) a bit less so...at least at bargain prices. I know where there's a stash of surplus Carcano, but it's not very reloadable, unless you have berdan-primers and can decap the stuff.
By nyalex98
anyone have a Dragunov out there they wanna sell!!!
Are you sure you want "Dragunov" the SVD?
If you can find it as its not for import anymore it'll cost around $4000 used.
What you see available in $700 range is a PSL or ROMAK 3 (ROManian Avtomat Kalashnikov) which is an AK made longer for a 7.62X54R round. Some call it "Dragunov style" rifle.

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!