Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By ds92
Hello everybody,
as of recent i have been in a quest for an AR. I was previously under the impression that any semi-auto gun that can accept detach. mags can only have 1 evil feature (pistol grip, flash hider, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, folding/collapsible stock). However today i visited Newington gun Exchange and i found that pretty much every AR there had 2 of the evil deadly destructive features. Does "at least 2 of the following features" (see http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/Chap943. ... 3-202a.htm) means that it can have up to 2 evil features to qualify as legal, or does it mean only one is allowable?

im very confused, will somebody clear this up please?

Thanks,
DS :?:
By ds92
wow looks like this is a "i'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole" type of question
By hayes1966
You can have 2, detach mag and pistol grip are two, the receiver needs to be preban if you want to put a adj stock or flash hider on.
By ketel1
You cannot purchase a pre-ban in this state right?
By hayes1966
You cannot buy a preban that is listed on the state awb list. Everything else is fair game!
By joelcramer
ketel1 wrote:You cannot purchase a pre-ban in this state right?

Wrong. If it was made before the ban and it is not listed by name on the list you can buy it here in CT.
By hayes1966
And if you can't find one .. ask Joel, as a FFL dealer and manufacturer he can get anything !!
By JohnFH
I know where to get an Essential Arms preban for a great price (less than a new Bushmaster) contact me privately if interested.
By ketel1
Wow i did not know that. Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. Thought all prebans were a no go. And a preban you can have more then three evils on it?
By hayes1966
Yes, with a preban you can have the dreaded thread on flash hider and bayonet lug and the totally evil adjustable stock.

The law is not based on any logic only cosmetic consideration.
By Socom
Changes everyday; I gave up on keeping up with the laws! I live on the state line and let me tell you, it's not easy, Some days i think New York is easyer then Connecticut, then i wake up and think Connecticut is easyer then New York, Maybe it depends on what state i'm visiting that day! Pre-ban, Post-ban, who cares-ban, Well, yes i do, Just these so-called lawmakers, Don't want us to understand.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!