Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
I wanted to take my daughter up to High Rock Saturday morn to zero my M4 and needed range info... Re; can I use my own range ammo? Do the sell ammo and paper targets? Is it a club? Theres limited info and the only number I come up wit 203-574-3108 is out of service, and the place doesn't come up on Google or Yahoo maps...

am I missing something? Wasn't sure where to post this. Also, I understand Wooster Mountain is open for rifle between 12-6pm, but what can I expect if I arive there, its pretty much 100 mile round trip for me, Naugatuck not much closer.

I know Forest and Field in Norwalk has an indoor range @50ft but you have to use their Frangible ammo, but they've had none for weeks now. Thats nice, they sell me hundreds of dollars of range ammo, then tell me it has to be frangible and have to buy it at that time when I show up to practice.

Can I expect this at High Rock or Wooster Mountain too or can I use my own range approved ammo?
By hayes1966
shoot a message or email off too ChrisnCT .. he is involved with the club.
By KSODA
hayes1966 wrote:shoot a message or email off too ChrisnCT .. he is involved with the club.
Sounds great, thanks much!
By CTSixshot
KSODA:
You've probably figured it out by now (I sent the link to High Rocks site earlier). They have an outdoor 100 yard range. They don't have targets (just frames, stands, backboards) and they don't have an ammo store. It's $5 first hour, $1 each subsequent 15 minutes. First-come-first-served.
Usually closed for the CAS on the first Sunday of the month.
By KSODA
CTSixshot wrote:KSODA:
You've probably figured it out by now (I sent the link to High Rocks site earlier). They have an outdoor 100 yard range. They don't have targets (just frames, stands, backboards) and they don't have an ammo store. It's $5 first hour, $1 each subsequent 15 minutes. First-come-first-served.
Usually closed for the CAS on the first Sunday of the month.
Yes I did get it, thanks, the correct number is 203-879-4658. Thats a very inexpensive price huh?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!