Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
By KSODA
I have a new Bushmaster M4A3 State Compliant model with the crappy fixed stock which makes it uncomfortable to aim. I mounted the new Aimpoint CompM4 2moa and mated it with the Aimpoint 3x magnification module on their Twist Mount but find, either with the Aimpoint scope and sight, or the stock carry handle, it forces me to stretch for proper sighting. I have neck injuries which limits how comfortable my aiming position allows me and cold damp days are miserable...

Question; I understand the CT law says the 6 position stock is illegal to own, but, is anyone aware of a shorter stock available? Really all I'd need for greater comfort would be an inch or two.

If available, given my disability, who would I contact in the State to see if itwould be legal? State Police Fire Arms Division?
By djmiked
Do you have a fixed A2 style stock on there or the pinned colls. stock?
If you have the fixed A2 stock, you can get a fixed A1 stock which is shorter. If you have a fixed colls. stock, you can have a gunsmith pin it in a different psoition to make it shorter. Hope this helps.
By KSODA
djmiked wrote:Do you have a fixed A2 style stock on there or the pinned colls. stock?
If you have the fixed A2 stock, you can get a fixed A1 stock which is shorter. If you have a fixed colls. stock, you can have a gunsmith pin it in a different psoition to make it shorter. Hope this helps.
To be honest with you, forgive me for my ignorance... I'm not sure, the store is very unhelpful to get any help from, (well, unless I'm holding cash or credit card in my hand). I can tell you I see two small dowl pins pressed into the side of the plastic stock, I guess this is what you refer to as "fixed Colls".

I appreciate the imput...know anything about the Aimpoint CompM4 and 3x Magifier mounting options?
By hayes1966
YOu could get an adjustable stock and pin it in the location you need.
By KSODA
hayes1966 wrote:YOu could get an adjustable stock and pin it in the location you need.
That would shorten the overall length of the rifle, doesn't CT ban that? That would be great if I could just do that.
By KSODA
hayes1966 wrote:It cannot be adjustable .. as long as the overall length is not shorter than 26"

Midway also sells shorty type stocks ..

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=150649

I'm gonna have to hire you Hayes1966 as a personal advisor, a couple others on these boards too, lol, thanks again, very much! I'll look into that.
By SigFan
KSODA, you should take your business to JoJo's in Southington. First time I walked in there I thought they must have me confused for an old friend. My understanding is that you can have the pin moved, but it has to be done by a gunsmith. I really don't understand why it needs to be done by a gunsmith, but from what I can tell it does. I guess "time and tools" doesn't count for much in CT.
By evan1293
First off you need a carbine length buffer tube. Some of the fixed tele-style stocks have full length buffer tubes and cannot be collapsed, even if the roll pins are removed. If you have a short buffer tube, just have the pins removed and repinned where you want it. Im 6' 220 and I like my stock in pretty far. Im not too sure who likes have their stocks all the way out. Unless your a giant, or shooting camp perry style, the stocks out all the way are just too long.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!