Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with rifle shooting, plinking, target, benchrest etc
Ive done google searches for comparisons of these 2 rifles and found a lot of mixed reviews. Theyre both about the same price. These are the 2 rifles im leaning towards. This will be my 3rd bolt action I have owned, I previously owned a Remington 770 (sold it, thought it was crap) and now only have a marlin xt-22.
I want the Remington because of its history and proven reliability but I don't like that it doesn't have a detachable magazine. I heard they shoot better cause its less moving parts within the gun.
I like the Savage cause it comes as a package with a pretty decent scope and I found more aftermarket stocks available. Im guessing cause everyone has a Remington and are swapping theirs out. I also like the accu-trigger.
Any thoughts?
By JohnFH
Out of the box the Savage wins hands down, since the sale, Remington quality had been hit or miss.

And it takes one wrench and about 10 min. to swap out a Savage barrel if you do want to upgrade.

There are a ton of Remington upgrade parts, probably because they need them :wink:

I have 3 Savage bolt rifles and they are all amazing for stock rifles, if you want to make a range trip, let me know, your welcome to try them.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!