News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

What can you tell me about Hi-Point Pistols?

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.

Moderator: Moderators

GerryB
Marksman V
Marksman V

What can you tell me about Hi-Point Pistols?

Postby GerryB » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Subject topic says it all... I'd prefer real experience over hear say. Thanks in advance.

Gerry

Mike_Diako
Expert IV
Expert IV

Postby Mike_Diako » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Quick and simple answer. They're ugly as shit but they work. They are also very top heavy due the simple blowback design. Also, they carry a lifetime warranty which is a plus. For a sub $200 gun you can't go wrong if you're just plinking with it. Personally though, I would never use it as a self defense firearm.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

phoffer961
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby phoffer961 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I have the Hi-point .380, .9mm, .40 and .45 and I really like them! As stated above they are ugly as all get up and they are very heavy. The thing is they are accurate and shoot any ammo. I fired tula steel through them with no issues! I was able to buy all four guns for the same price as a decent .45. I don't carry them but I do take them to the range once in a while. They are easy to break down and clean. If you are looking for cheap fun these are for you.

AGust82
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Postby AGust82 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 pm

I have no experience with the pistols but I had a 9mm carbine. I'd agree with entirely with the others. It wasn't very pretty but was incredibly reliable and surprisingly accurate. The sights were junk and other controls were awkward. A lot of fun to plink with though.

Return to “Pistol”